Every Financial Account can have more than one payment method assigned, payment methods such as "Check", "Wire Transfer", "Cash".
The fact of assigning a payment method or a set of payment methods to a given financial account means that it is possible to manage through a given financial account only those payments linked to any of the payment methods assigned to that financial account.
Payment Methods are created and configured in the Payment Method window. Once created and configured there can be assigned to a financial account in this tab. The way to do that is:
- Click on the 'Payment Method' tab of the financial account
- Create a new record
- From the 'Payment Method' drop down list select a payment.
- This action automatically populates the default configuration of the payment method.
- Change the default configuration if required
- Any change to that configuration do not change the default configuration of the payment method because it only applies to the way that payment method is going to behave while being used for the financial account selected.
In this tab there is the advanced feature (hidden by default) called invoice paid status control, this functionality provide a configuration option to be able to decide which status for each payment determines an invoice is paid or not. For additional information about How to Configure Invoice Paid Status Control visit the article.
- Invoice paid status combo: Sets the state from which is considered an invoice as paid.
This combo can be set at payment method level (payment in and payment out) in each financial account. By default this combo is set as payment received or payment made, therefore we get the usual behavior of Openbravo.
For additional information about payment method configuration, visit the Payment Method article.