Field "Days To Password expiration" allow the user to set a day limit during which a password may be valid for users. The limit will be reset every time a user changes his password.
The value of the field determine day limit during which, a password must be valid for users:
- If it is set to 0, no day limit will be applied.
- If the value is greater than 0, the day limit will apply after last date of user update password date.
Setting the value will apply the configuration to all Users on that Client.
A relevant fields to note is the "Central Maintenance" check-box under the section "Accounting Dimensions".
This checkbox if selected allows to configure that the Client centrally maintains key accounting dimensions such as "Organization", "Business Partner" or "Cost Center", therefore the configuration set in here is shared by all the organizations of the client.
New Clients created by running the Initial Client Setup process are created as "Centrally Maintained" by default with the mandatory accounting dimensions (Organization, Business Partner, Product) selected.
The organizations of the Client which require to have additional dimensions do not listed in here, for instance "Campaign" or "Sales Region" will have to configure them in the Dimension tab of the organization's general ledger configuration.
Existing clients are not set as "Central Maintained" by default because the accounting dimensions which were set are the ones which were configured in the Dimension tab of the corresponding organization's general ledger configuration.
It is now possible to change existing Clients as "Centrally Maintained", this action overrides what is configured for the organization in relation to the accounting dimensions that can be centrally maintain in the Client, those dimensions are:
- Mandatory dimensions:
- Business Partner
- and Product
- Mandatory dimensions can be filled in or not depending on the document category being created. For instance "Organization" needs to be always specified in document's header regardless the document being created, however "Business Partner" and "Product" are mandatory dimensions that need to be filled in a purchase invoice but can be filled in a G/L Journal if needed.
- Non Mandatory dimensions:
- Non mandatory dimensions can be filled in or not depending on what's needed and regardless the document being category being created.
Above dimensions are then shown either in the header or/and in the lines of the documents to be post to the ledger within a section named "Dimensions".
Besides, there is a financial report named Accounting Transaction Details which shows every ledger entry of an organization's general ledger detailing every dimension value entered.
It is important to remark that the settings displayed in the client window in both the "Accounting Dimensions" section and in the Dimensions tab is the defaulted configuration provided by Openbravo.
This defaulted configuration is populated from the Dimension Mapping window.
It is always possible to customize the defaulted configuration, for instance:
- if a client needs to show and therefore make available the organization dimension in the lines of the documents below actions need to happen:
- check the check-box "Show in Lines" for the Organization dimension
- and delete or modify the records linked to the "Organization" accounting dimension in the Dimension tab as all those records are defaulted not to show Organization in any document category lines.