The fields that are displayed on the screen:
- Organization: organization of the project
- Search Key: field used to easily filter records
- Name: name of the project. The name has to be unique between Service Projects and Multiphase projects.
- Summary Level checkbox: discard, has not been developed
- Current Phase: field to manually keep track of the current phase of the project
- Starting Date: start date of the project
- Planned End Date: scheduled end date of the project
- Real End Date: actual end date of the project
- Description: note field
- Sales Representative: sales contact related to this project
- Person in Charge: project manager
In the Amounts section:
- Legally Binding Contract checkbox: discard
- Service Revenue: expected revenue for services (consulting)
- Planned Expenses: expected expenses
- Services Provided Cost: expected internal cost of the services (labour x hours x cost)
- Outsourced Cost: expected cost of services executed by third party
- Total Service Cost: populated information of the Services Provided Cost + Outsourced Cost
- Reinvoiced Expenses: defaults to the planned expenses, but can be overwritten by the actual amount that will be invoiced to the business partner
- Planned Service Margin %: populated information with the profit or loss percentage on the services: (Service Revenue - Services Provided Cost - Outsourced Cost) x 100/Service Revenue.
- Planned Expenses Margin %: Populated information with the profit or loss percentage on the expenses: (Reinvoiced Expenses - Planned Expenses) x 100/Reinvoiced Expenses.
In the more information section:
- Business Partner: the customer that is being charged for the project
- Partner Address: address of the business partner
- User/Contact: user working for the business partner
- Order Reference: reference number of the business partner to appear on the sales order
- Payment Method: payment method of the business partner to appear on the sales order
- Payment Terms: payment terms of the business partner to appear on the sales order
- Price List: price list related to the business partner
- Currency: currency related to the business partner
- Warehouse: warehouse used to ship to the business partner
- Set Project Type button: to select a project type in order to copy the phases and tasks from that particular project type to the multiphase project. Based on the durations of the phases and tasks in the project type, the starting date and end date on the multiphase project are overwritten.
- Change Project Status button: to change the status of the project. The statuses of the multiphase project are:
- Open: initial status, comparable with the status draft on other documents.
- Order: status to indicate that the sales orders can be generated.
- Order closed: final status of the project. When changed to this status, the Real End Date field information gets automatically populated with the system date. Once the project status is Order closed, the project can not be opened again.
- Copy Details button: the project phase(s) and project task(s) information from another multiphase project is copied.