As shown in the image above there is a list of relevant data to be entered for customers together with current customer balance information:
You could either select any data such as "Price List" from a previously created list of values, or create it "ad hoc" by navigating to the corresponding window, and then select it.
- Price List - the one selected will be the one applied while creating sales documents such as sales orders or sales invoices for that customer.
To learn more visit Price List.
Price list are defined in a given currency which could be the same as customer currency or not.
In case it is not, customer balance will be calculated by taking into account either the conversion rate defined in the Conversion Rates window or the one entered in the process "Set New Currency" which can be run to change the currency of a business partner.
- Payment method - the one selected will be the one applied while creating and managing the payments received from that customer.
If a Financial Account is linked to the customer, the payment method to select here will be one of the payment methods linked to the financial account.
To learn more visit Payment Method
- Payment Terms - the one selected will be the one used while managing sales invoices payment plan.
To learn more visit Payment Term
- Financial account - the one selected will be the one use while collecting and reconciling the payments made by that customer.
To learn more about "Financial Account", visit Financial Account
- Invoice terms - there are few invoice terms which can be used while generating sales invoices.
To learn more visit Generate Invoices
- After Order Delivered - the invoice could be automatically generated once all the goods of the sales order have been shipped
- After Delivery - the goods of the sales order will be automatically invoiced as they are shipped, even if there are partial shipments
- Do not invoice - no invoice will be generated automatically
- Immediate - the invoice will be generated on the next run of the Generate Invoices process.
- Customer Schedule after Delivery - the invoice will be generated according to the calendar agreed with the customer and once the goods ordered have been shipped.
If this is the option selected a new field named "Invoice Schedule" is automatically displayed for you to select the corresponding "Invoice Schedule" or calendar.
To learn more visit Invoice Schedule
- Credit Line limit - If the sum of all pending payments is over the credit limit specified for a customer, the system will alert you by saying that this customer has reached the credit limit whenever this business partner is selected in a sales documents (order, shipment or invoice).
- A customer can be define as "Tax Exempt" whenever applicable, therefore only those Tax rates also defined as exempt apply.
- Sales Representative - you can select here a customer sales representative. A sales representative is an employee set as such.
- SO BP Tax Category - this field can be found under "More Information" section.
You can use a business partner tax category to get that the sales documents created for a customer can only have a specific set of tax rates linked to that tax category.
To learn more visit Business Partner Tax Category
- On Hold - this checkbox allows to block a customer therefore some specific documents cannot be fulfilled for it. If checked the On Hold section is shown with the following setup, which can obviously be changed as required:
- Sales Order: Blocked
- Goods Shipment: Blocked
- Sales invoice: Blocked
- Payment In: Not blocked
- Above defaulted configuration means that it is not possible to complete either a sales order, a goods shipment or a sales invoice for the customer but to receive a payment.