It is possible to configure and properly setup business partner bank accounts to be used while making or receiving business partner payments of any type.
Therefore, we strongly recommend you to properly setup bank accounts as those will be used by Openbravo as required within Openbravo payment management processes.
The "bank account" related data you can enter is:
- the Bank Name
- Active flag - We recommend you to set as "Active" only one bank account, if possible, in order to avoid errors; otherwise you should keep an eye on the right bank account used.
- Country - you can select a country from the list to specify if the bank account is a domestic bank account or a foreign bank account.
- User/Contact - in case you want to associate a contact for this bank account
- Bank Account Format - List that contains all the possible values for generating the Displayed Account Number, which will be later on used by other reports or processes to get the account identifier. Possible values are: Use Generic Account No., Use IBAN or Use SWIFT + Generic Account No. Note: Other options can be added by other modules that extend the supported Bank Account Format.
- Generic Account No - a generic account number to identify the bank account can be introduced here. This field must be mandatory set in case either Use Generic Accoun No. or Use SWIFT + Generic Account No. is selected at the Bank Account Format field.
- IBAN - The International Bank Account Number (IBAN) is an international standard for numbering bank accounts.
The IBAN consists of a two letter ISO 3166-1 country code, followed by two check digits, and up to thirty alphanumeric characters for the domestic bank account number, called the BBAN (Basic Bank Account Number). This field must be mandatory set in case Use IBAN is selected at the Bank Account Format field. The IBAN code will be automatically validated when inserting/updating the record taking into account the rules for the country bank defined.
- SWIFT Code - Corresponds to the ISO 9362 international bank code identifier. It must be mandatory set in case Use SWIFT + Generic Account No. is selected at the Bank Account Format field.
- Displayed Account: It is automatically generated based on the value selected into the Bank Account Format. This field is read only and it is used by other reports or processes.