Header lists main terms and conditions related to the customer delivery that apply to all products (Lines) included in it.
In majority of the cases main (and the only) field needed to create a new Goods Shipment is the Business Partner field.
All other fields are automatically populated based on the selected Business Partner, logged in User preferences and other system default parameters.
Some other fields to note:
- Warehouse: the warehouse from where the goods are shipped. Defaulted to the session value from the top navigation.
- Movement Date: the date the goods physically ship out of the warehouse. Defaulted to the current date.
- Delivery Location: address that will be used when generating a shipment. If it is not specified Partner Address field will be used. Defaulted according to the Customer and Location tabs of the Business Partner window.
- Accounting Date: date to be used in the posting record of the Goods Shipment to the general ledger.
- Sales Order: reference to an order that is being shipped. If Goods Shipment includes products from several Sales Orders field is left empty (still trace-ability is present at Lines level).
- Invoice Status: indicates in % how much quantity has been invoiced.
- As a consequence of 23916 feature request and after 26629 issue changes were applied, if we create two or more lines in goods shipment related to a sales invoice line, only one of those goods shipment lines will show "Invoice Status" 100% and the rest will show "Invoice Status" 0%.
There are 2 ways of entering lines into the sales order:
- Selecting products from pending to be shipped orders or invoices and specifying Storage Bin (Warehouse field) from where it should be shipped using the Create Lines From button. This option can be used several times to group several orders and / or invoices in one shipment. This is a most common approach.
- Manually, line by line. Is used if underlying document (Sales Order or Invoice) does not exist in the system prior shipment takes place.