Lines lists each product to be delivered and its characteristics.
Fields to note:
- Attribute Set Value: field is displayed if the product in the line has attributes (color, size, serial number or several of them together etc).
- Sales Order Line and Goods Shipment Line: references to the sales order and goods shipment line that is being invoiced.
- Financial Invoice line: is selected when the invoice line is not a product but an account do not set up as a product but as a G/L item, or an asset do not set up as a product. When selected, the product field disappears from the screen and an account field appears that will be related to the sales invoice line.
As already mentioned sales revenue can be deferred therefore they are not recognized at the sales accounting date but within a given number of accounting periods.
When a sales invoice line is created, it is possible to define at line level, whether the line is going to cause the revenue to be deferred. The relevant fields are:
- Deferred Revenue: When this flag is checked, the Revenue Plan field group becomes visible, allowing users to configure the next three fields.
- Revenue Plan Type: this field specifies the frequency of the revenue distribution which currently is "monthly".
- Period Number: this field specifies the duration of a revenue plan.
For instance if a company sales and invoices a product that it will only be available to be delivered to their customers in 3 months would like to recognized the revenue all at once but in 3 months.
In this situation the period number to enter would be 1.
- Starting Period: the first open period in which the revenue is going to be recognized.
In our example the starting period to enter would be the one corresponding to 3 accounting periods after accounting the sales invoice.
- These fields can be defaulted if configured for the product.
- If a revenue plan is configured that implies a specific sales invoice accounting
Explode button is shown when selecting a line with a non-stockable BOM product and the product is not already exploded. When exploding a product, the bill of materials components the selected product consists of are shown in the invoice. Once you have exploded it, you cannot comprime it. You should delete all the lines (first bill of materials components and then the BOM product), and insert again the non-stockable BOM product.