Purchase order lines can be created in three different ways:
1. By manually creating new record/s in the "Lines" tab.
The purchase order fields you can fill in are described below:
- Product. You can select an item or product from the list or use the product selector icon.
- Ordered quantity, or Operative Quantity if the product has an alternative unit of measure (AUM) configured.
This is the quantity needed of the product/item
- Product's UOM, or product's Alternative UOM depending on product configuration in regards to unit of measure.
- Net Unit Price. This one is coming from the Price List selected in the header, but it could always be changed.
- Net List Price. This one is also coming from the Price List selected in the header, but it could always be changed.
- Tax. Purchase tax is normally filled in by the system, depending on Taxes setup.
To learn more about taxes, please visit Tax Rate
2. By retrieving all the lines from a previously created purchase order.
In this scenario you must use use the process button "Copy from Order".
This process button enables the Order Selector window.
"Order Selector" window allows you to search the order to copy by using the filter options available.
The information of the order selected will be inserted in the purchase order line/s, then that information can be manually changed anyway.
3. By copying lines from other purchase orders
In this scenario you must use the process button "Copy Lines"
This process button enables a new window named "Copy Lines from order" which allows you to create order lines by selecting the products already purchased from the supplier of the order by taking into account the Consumption days configured for the supplier.
Explode button is shown when selecting a line with a non-stockable BOM product and the product has not already been exploded. When exploding a product, the bill of materials components the selected product consists of are shown in the order. Once you have exploded it, you cannot comprime it. You should delete all the lines (first bill of materials components and then the BOM product), and insert again the non-stockable BOM product.
Manage Prereservation pick and execute
Using the Manage Prereservation button is possible to open a pick and execute window to manage the Prereservations related to the Purchase Order line. The grid shows all the Sales Orders pending to deliver that could be served by the stock that will be received in the Purchase Order Line. If the Sales Order wasn't previously reserved a new reservation in Draft status is created for it.