The Lines tab is not editable, since the returned lines always come from receipt lines, to avoid:
- To see positive values while are negative in the DB
- Enter lines that are not linked to the original receipt lines
- Edit attributes, products and so having either the products or attributes different than the shipment line
Things to consider:
- The only editable fields are:
- Returned: Quantity you wish to return. When selecting the row the quantity is not set by default since the system cannot know how many items return
- Net Unit Price: Price of the original purchase order
- Return reason: The reason why you return the item.
- and Returned UOM, only in case alternative unit of measure (AUM) preference is enabled.
In that case, product's "primary" AUM for the purchase flow is shown if any, otherwise product's UOM is shown. End-user can always change it to product's UOM.
You can define the Return Reason at header level. In this case when picking a line it inherits what selected in the header but you can modify it as you wish
- Only Material receipt documents that haven't been still returned can be picked it, in case a Receipt line has been fully returned it won't be shown
- When a Receipt line has been partially returned you can still return the rest. What you have already returned for that line is shown in the field Return Qty other RM
- You are not allowed to return more quantity than the Ship/Receipt Qty. In case you do it a message is shown
- Notice that this validation takes into account the Return Qty other RM field