When a Period is created in the Fiscal Calendar Window, it is possible to Open or Close it in this Window. Performing this actions directly for that Period affects all the associated Document Types at once.
For example, opening a Period results in opening all the Document Types for that Period, making it possible to post transactions of any type withing that given Period.
But it is also possible to Open or Close each Document Type in the same Period.
Once a Period is selected in the Periods Tab of this Window, all the available Document Types will be shown in the Documents Tab, making it possible to select any of them and Open or Close it.
The way to manage the Opening/Closing of a particular Document Type for a specific Period is:
- Use the filters of the grid to show the desired Document Type.
- Select the Document Types for which the action is going to be performed.
- Click on the Open/Close Period, select the action to perform, and click OK.
Once done, Openbravo informs that the process has been completed successfully.
- As in the Periods tab, the Status is split in two columns. One that represents the Status with a color code and one that represents it by it's name. The possible Status values are:
- Never Opened, colored in gray. It belongs to a recently created Period.
- Open, colored in green.
- Closed, colored in red.
- Permanently Closed, colored in red. Document Permanently closed. Only by reopening a Year it is possible to Open it again.
- 13th Period has only one Document Type, GL Jornal, since in the Adjustment Period only GL Journal Transactions can be posted.
- If a period is open for all document types but it is close for a given document type, for instance AP Invoice, it will be possible to post transactions of any type within that given period but AP Invoice transactions.
- If not all the Document Types of that Period have the same value, for example some are Closed and some are Open, then the Status of the Period is Mixed