Only products that are set up with the Production checkbox and Process Plan selected in the product are executed by the MRP process.
Depending on the product, different transaction types may appear in the lines. All supply transactions have a positive quantity, all demand transactions have a negative quantity.
- Stock: by default appearing for the product
- Sales Forecast: the information appears if:
- Minimum Stock: by default appearing for the product if set up in the Safety Stock field in the product.
- Pending Sales Order: the information appears if:
- Suggested Work Requirement:advise generated by MRP to create a purchase order.
- the required quantity is the quantity that is the outcome of the balance of all supply and all demand
- the Quantity is the quantity to appear on the work requirement(s) that is created. Based on the set ups in the Product the quantity can differ from the required quantity, for example due to min. quantity for production, quantity type, etc.
- the Planned Order Date is the date that the Work Requirement needs to be created and processed. This is an offset of the dates demand is required offset with the manufacturing lead time set up in the product and the safety lead time in the set up in the main section of this plan. If the demand is required within the timeframe of the lead times, the date is reflected as past due to indicate that in order to get the product on time action should have been taken already and it indicates exactly how overdue the action is.
- Suggested Material Requirement: advise generated by MRP to create requisitions for the raw material that is requiered to be used in the suggested work requirements. The correct raw material information is generated if the information in the Process Plan is correct.
- the Planned Order Date is the date that the Requisition needs to be created and completed. These dates equal the planned order dates of the suggested work requirements.
- the Quantity is the quantity to appear on the requisition that is created. The quantity is based on the quantity on the suggested work requirement combined with the component use as defined in the Process Plan.
By clicking the Generate Work Requirements button, the work requirements are created automatically. The documents need to be processed, please see the [[Work_Requirement|Work Requirement] section for details.
By clicking the Generate Material Requisitions button, the requisitions are created in draft automatically. The documents need to be completed, please see the Requisition section for details.
The requisitions can be selected as input in the planning method of the Purchasing Plan to be included in the calculations of that plan, in order to calculate if Purchase Orders need to be created.
Once the documents are created automatically, the numbers of the documents appears in the Work Requirement and the Requisition Line columns of the lines. The created purchase order is in draft status and needs to be booked. For more information please check the Purchase Order section.