Only products that are set up with the Purchase checkbox selected in the product are executed by the MRP process.
Depending on the product, different transaction types may appear in the lines. All supply transactions have a positive quantity, all demand transactions have a negative quantity.
- Stock: by default appearing for the product
- Sales Forecast: the information appears if:
- Minimum Stock: by default appearing for the product if set up in the Safety Stock field in the product.
- Pending Purchase Order: the information appears if:
- Pending Sales Order: the information appears if:
- Suggested Purchase Order:advise generated by MRP to create a purchase order.
- the required quantity is the quantity that is the outcome of the balance of all supply and all demand
- the Quantity is the quantity to appear on the purchase order(s) that is created. Based on the set ups in the Product the quantity can differ from the required quantity, for example due to minimum order quantity, quantity type, etc.
- the Planned Order Date is the date that the Purchase Order needs to be booked. This is an offset of the dates demand is required offset with the purchasing lead time set up in the product and the safety lead time in the set up in the main section of this plan. If the demand is required within the timeframe of the lead times, the date is reflected as past due to indicate that in order to get the product on time action should have been taken already and it indicates exactly how overdue the action is.
- the vendor information is complete
- the product is set up with the required information in the purchasing tab
- the price for the vendor is entered in the product
Once the purchase order is created automatically, the number of the document appears in the Order Line column of the line. The created purchase order is in draft status and needs to be booked. For more information please check the Purchase Order section.