It is really important the level up to which either a Balance Sheet or P&L report is defined.
That level relies on the organization type selected because:
- If the organization selected is a Legal with Accounting which has another organizations underneath, the financial information provided by the reports will be a roll-up of the financial information of the organizations which belong to it. Roll-up means it produces an aggregated Balance Sheet. To get a consolidated Balance Sheet transactions between organizations (inter-company transactions) needs to be removed from the resulting report.
- Same applies in the case of organizations which are Organization type which have another organizations underneath sharing the same general ledger configuration and therefore account tree.
- If the organization selected is a Generic organization which belongs to a Legal with Accounting one, the financial information provided by the reports will be just the financial information of that organization.
The fields to fill in this window are:
- the Report Name
- the General Ledger from which accounting information is required
- the Report Type. The options available:
- Point in Time, this type is used for reports such the Balance Sheet as account's balance needs to be referred to a specific date.
- and Periodic, this type is used for reports such the P&L as used account's balance needs to be referred to a specific period of time, for instance a month, a quarter, a year, etc.
- finally the Balanced flag which must be activated whenever the report needs to be launched just for "Legal with Accounting" organization types as that is the enterprise level where accounting balance is ensure.
This flag needs to be flag as active for the Balance Sheet report.