Once the Return document is accepted you can process it clicking the button Book. Following the standard the document changes from Draft to Booked
Only Booked documents can be receipt. Notice the button Pick/Edit lines disappears when the Return to customer document is in status Booked
Things to consider:
- Delivery Status: indicates in % how much quantity has been delivered
- Invoice Status: indicates in % how much quantity has been invoiced
- A new button Create credit might appear or not based on the original sales order. If the order is already invoiced then it will be present if not it won't.
Through this button you are able to invoice the return order following the standards, that is, depending on the invoice terms.
- Using this button you can also create an invoice and leave it as credit to be used later. The way to do so is:
- There is a new execution process named Leave as credit. You can configure a new payment method with this process
- If the payment method used in the Return material order has this execution process, a Reverse sales invoice is created but leaving it as credit so the credit can be later settle with another invoice
- The button Create credit is no longer shown once the document is fully invoiced
- Besides the Create credit button you can follow the standards (Invoice terms) to invoice these documents. All scenarios are covered:
- Process Generate Invoices: If the invoice terms is Customer Schedule After Delivery and you have sales orders and RMAs the process will group all in one standard Sales Invoice and not in a Reversal Sales Invoice.
- You can also use the Sales Invoice window to pick lines and either gather lines from standard sales order and return orders lines or create individual Reversal Sales Invoice for return orders
- You can also create a Return Material Sales Invoice through the Sales Invoice window and leave it as credit and later on use it. Keep in mind that this Invoice should be created with negative amounts.