The Lines tab is not editable, since the returned lines always come from shipment lines, to avoid:
- To see positive values while are negative in the DB
- Enter lines that are not linked to the original shipment line
- Edit attributes, products and so having either the products or attributes different than the shipment line
Things to consider:
- The only editable fields are:
- Returned: Quantity you wish to return. When selecting the row the quantity is not set by default since the system cannot know how many items return
- Net Unit Price: Price of the original sales order
- Return reasons: The reason why you return the item
- and Returned UOM, only in case alternative unit of measure (AUM) preference is enabled.
In that case, product's "primary" AUM for the sales flow is shown if any, otherwise product's UOM is shown. End-user can always change it to product's UOM.
- You can define the Return Reason at header level. In this case when picking a line it inherits what selected in the header but you can modify it as you wish
- Only Goods shipment documents that haven't been still returned can be picked it, in case a goods shipment line has been fully returned it won't be shown
- When a goods shipment line has been partially returned you can still return the rest. What you have already returned for that line is shown in the field Return Qty other RM
- You are not allowed to return more quantity than the Ship/Receipt Qty. In case you do it a message is shown
- Notice that this validation takes into account the Return Qty other RM field
A restriction has been added in Pick/Edit Lines Pick&Edit in order to prevent adding not “Returnable” service lines to Return From Customer document.
Things to consider:
- Product: It is mandatory
- Returned: The quantity is returned
- Net Unit Price: It can be left blank. In that case the system calculates the price based on the price list defined in the header of the document
- Tax: It can be left blank. In that case the system will calculate the tax
- Return reason: The reason why the good was returned
This flow (Insert orphan line) does not support products with attributes