For more details please review the accounting article.
A "Goods Receipts" can be posted if the "MaterialMgmtShipmentInOut" table is set to Active for accounting in the Active Tables tab of the organization's general ledger configuration.
A "Goods Receipt" posting looks like:
|Product Asset||Receipt Line Cost Amount||Oner per receipt line|
|Non-Invoiced Receipts||Receipt Line Cost Amount||Oner per receipt line|
Posting a "Goods Receipt" requires to have the cost of the product/s contained in it calculated.
In the case of a goods receipt that is:
- the purchase price of the product/s
- or the default standard cost of the product/s in case of calculating cost by using an Standard costing algorithm.
If there is no a related purchase order the Costing Server process uses the newer of the following three values:
- the last purchase order price of the receipt's vendor for the product.
- the purchase price list of the product.
- or the default cost of the product.
- The "Legal Entity" organization needs to have a validated Costing Rule configured.
- And the Costing Background Process needs to be scheduled for the Client, therefore it can search and allow that the Costing Server process calculates the cost of the transactions.
Once the costs have been calculated, the Goods Receipt can be posted to the ledger.
In the case of a receipt containing "Expense" product/s do not having the "Sales" checkbox selected, it is possible to use the product's purchase price instead of the product's cost to post the goods receipt.
This scenario works if the checkbox Book Using Purchase Order Price is selected for the product/s.
In this case it is obviously required that a "Purchase Order" is related to the "Goods Receipt" being posted.
It is possible to totally void a goods receipt, by using the header button "Close" and then selecting the action "Void".
This action creates a new document that reverse the goods receipt.
Void action allows to specify a "Void Date" and a "Void Accounting Date" of the new document:
- Void Date: that is the movement date of the new document that reverse the goods receipt
- Void Accounting Date: that is the accounting date of the new document that reverse the goods receipt
Both fields above take original document dates as default date and validate that the dates entered are not prior to the "Movement Date" and the "Accounting Date" of the Goods Receipt, respectively.
Void action implies that:
- Openbravo automatically generates a new document in the "Goods Receipt" window, and informs about the document number created. The document number is also displayed in the description field of the Goods Receipt. This new document is created as described below:
- The "transaction document" used by Openbravo is "MM Receipt". To learn more visit Document Type.
- This document is exactly the same as the original one being reversed but the movement quantity is negative.
- Once the new document has been created, you can change both the "Movement Date" and the "Accounting Date" of the new document prior to get it posted.