The Lines tab is not editable, since the lines always come from return to vendor lines, to avoid:
- To see positive values while are negative in the DB
- Enter lines that are not linked to return lines
- Edit attributes, products and so having either the products or attributes different than the return line
To enter new lines you need to click the button
Things to consider:
- Editable fields are:
- Ship Qty, that value is set automatically when you select the line
- and Returned UOM, only in case alternative unit of measure (AUM) preference is enabled, regardless product's UOM is always shown there by default.
End-user can change it if required, to product's primary AUM configured for the procurement flow.
- You can only select Return to Vendor lines that are pending to be shipped to that specific vendor
- The system proposes the different storages bin from where the item can be picked. Depending how the product is configured we could have three scenarios:
- Product with an instance attribute (i.e: Serial number): The system will propose only one storage bin as it is shown above
- Product with a non-instance attribute (i.e: Colour): The system could propose several storage bins. See below image
- Product without attributes. Similar to second scenario
- You are not allowed to ship more than the Available Qty
- You are not allowed to ship more than the Pending quantity
- Following the above example (soccer ball, blue) the system also validates you cannot ship more than the Pending quantity when selecting both lines
|Note:To edit a line you need to click again the Pick/Edit Lines button and the line appears selected and then you can modify any of the editable fields|
The RTV shipment can be posted if the table "MaterialMgmtShipmentInOut" is active for accounting in the corresponding general ledger configuration
To learn more visit the Active Tables article.
Most cases the accounting manager should be the one to decide whether to post RTV shipment or not, as well as get them posted unless the background process is activated.
To learn more about the Background Process, visit Process Request.
A "RTV shipment" posting looks like:
|Product Asset||Product Cost x Movement Quantity||One per RTV shipment line|
|Non-Invoiced Receipts||Product Cost x Movement Quantity||One per RTV shipment line|