The Lines tab is not editable, since the lines always come from Return from Customer lines, to avoid:
- To see positive values while are negative in the DB
- Enter lines that are not linked to return lines
- Edit attributes, products and so having either the products or attributes different than the return line
To enter new lines you need to click the button
Things to consider:
- The only editable fields are:
- Receiving: Quantity you are receiving in the warehouse. This value is set by default with the pending quantity when you select the row.
- Storage bin: This value is set by default with the return bin configured in the warehouse
- Condition of the goods: You can define it at header level. In this case when picking a line it inherits what selected in the header but you can modify it as you wish
- and Returned UOM, only in case alternative unit of measure (AUM) preference is enabled.
In that case, product's "primary" AUM for the sales flow is shown if any, otherwise product's UOM is shown. End-user can always change it to product's UOM.
- You are not allowed to receive more quantity than the Pending quantity. In case you do it a message is shown
|Note:To edit a line you need to click again the Pick/Edit Lines button and the line appears selected and then you can modify any of the editable fields|
Return Material Receipt posting creates following accounting entries.
Posting record date: Accounting Date.
|Product COGS Return (Cost of Goods Returned) or if not defined Prodcut COGS||Product Cost x Movement Quantity||One per Return Material Receipt Line|
|Product Asset||Product Cost x Movement Quantity||One per Return Material Receipt Line|
- Activate MaterialMgmtShipmentInOut table in the Active Tables tab of General Ledger Configuration screen.