Header lists the main terms and conditions related to the customer quotation that will be used in the heading of its printed copy and further in its order, shipment and invoicing process.
In majority of the cases main (and the only) field needed to create a new quotation is the Business Partner field. All other fields are automatically populated based on the selected Business Partner, logged in User preferences and other system default parameters.
Some other fields to note are :
- Valid Until: This field's logic is not implemented yet
- Reject reason: This field informs about the reason why a quotation has been rejected by a customer. It is mandatory when rejecting a quotation.
Things to consider:
- A new button Create Order appears when the status is Under Evaluation. When pressing the button, a sales order is created based on the quotation.
- The status of newly created sales order is Booked. It is possible to change the "Invoice Terms" of the sales order as well as to "Reactivate" it if the sales order needs to be modified.
- Prior to create a sales order the system shows a flag named Firm quote which is marked as default:
- if selected it establishes a commitment with the customer for the supply of a given quantity of goods at a quoted price, therefore the sales order will be identical as the quote
- if not selected a change in the price list later on will modify the quoted prices same way in the sales order. Discounts and Promotions will also be recalculated applying the new ones based on the transaction date (the Date when you execute the button)