A general ledger configuration is created whenever an accounting csv file or "Chart of Accounts" module reference data is selected while running the Initial Client Setup process or the Initial Organization Setup process.
The general ledger configuration created by default can afterwards be customized to meet the organization's needs.
- If the accounting csv file or reference data is selected at client level the general ledger configuration is assigned to the organization (*) therefore it is available to any organization within the client.
- If the accounting csv file or reference data is selected at organization level the general ledger configuration is assigned to the organization making it available to that organization and any of its descendents.
Besides a general ledger configuration those accounting files also creates:
- the organization's Account Tree or Chart of Accounts
- and the general ledger default accounts
Openbravo delivers accounting files through:
- the "Chart of Accounts" modules contained in a Localization Pack if available for your country
- and the Generic Chart of Accounts module
Additionally, a general ledger configuration can also be created manually but once the corresponding Account Tree has been created.
Finally, it is important to remark that the organization's general ledger configuration and the organization's account tree (or chart of accounts) are linked to each other because "Account" is a mandatory dimension of the general ledger configuration.