The process of creating a price list is slightly different to the process of creating a price list version.
Price List creation:
- Price List Name and Type (sales or purchase) is detailed in the Price List window header. It is also mandatory to defined whether the price include taxes or not.
- Exists the possibility of Price list based on cost, for this the price list should be sales price list.
- The Default Price List Schema with no configuration at all, as well as the valid from date information must be detailed in the Price List Version tab
- The Unit / List price of each product which must be included in the price list is detailed in the Product Price sub-tab.
- The price list is ready and can be linked to the business partners as required and therefore used.
Price List version creation:
- Price List Name and Type (sales or purchase) is detailed in the Price List window header.
- A Price List Schema which contains the new commercial rules to apply, the valid from date and the Base Price List for which the price list version is created must be detailed in the Price List Version tab.
- The process Create Price list populates the "Product Price" tab by including:
- every product contained in the original price list
- each product will have a new unit and/or list price, depending on what was configured in the price list schema used.
- The price list version is ready and can be linked to the business partners as required and therefore used.
- Documents will automatically default the most recent version of a price list.
- There is no end date on price list versions, but old versions can be deactivated.a