Commissions can be calculated based in two documents: Sales Orders and Sales Invoices. In both documents the sales representative should be selected as commissions can be calculated per sales representative. Once the comission amount is calculated a purchase invoice can be created, the business partner of that purchase invoice is the sales representative defined for that commission.
So prior to use commissions some configurations need to be done:
- Create a sales representative. The way to do that is:
- first create an Openbravo user, as the sales representative can be an Openbravo user who logins in Openbravo and issues sales orders/invoices.
- then create a Business Partner. It is required to create a business partner because the sales representative could be someone who is going to issue an invoice in order to get the comissions paid, if that is the case that business partner should be marked as "Vendor" in the Vendor tab and have a "PO Payment Method", a "PO Payment Term" and a "Purchase Pricelist" defined for it.
Besides, it is required to mark the Business Partner as "Sales Representative" in the Employee tab.
- and finally link them both. The way to do that is:
- to select the business partner just created in the field "Business Partner" of the user window. That field can be found under the section "More Information".
- Create a product and get it part of a Price List without pricing information, in case a purchase invoice is required to be created in order to get the comissiones invoiced.
The overall flow is:
- Define the commission in the Commission window
- Create the Sales Orders and Sales Invoices linked to a sales representative
- Generate the commission in the Commission window for a given sales representative by using the process button "Generate Commission".
- and then create an invoice if required by using the process button "Create Invoice"