There are two background processes which are listed by default in the process request window, those are:
- the Accounting Server Process.
This process searches for and automatically "Posts" transactions in status "Completed" set as "Posted" = No.
- Above means that this process allows that documents such as purchase invoices, sales invoices or GL journals get automatically posted without any user action but to schedule this process.
- and the Heartbeat Process.
This process collects information about Openbravo installations, if scheduled.
Apart from that there are other background processes which can also be scheduled and therefore monitored:
- the Costing Background Process. This process calculates the cost of the material transactions.
- the Alert Process. This process checks if the SQL Query defined in each active alert rule returns any record in order to create the corresponding alert instance.
This process also removes the fixed alerts instances to get they are not shown anymore.
- the Execute Pending Payments process. This process checks and execute Payment In and Payment Out linked to a payment method having an "Automatic" Payment Execution Process, which are not set as "Deferred" and do not required any input to be executed.
- and the Payment Monitor process. This process checks the invoice's payment status and update the invoice's "Payment monitor" section.
All of the processes above can be scheduled if logged as System Administrator role.