A Planning Method is used to define the optional components of supply and demand and their percentage to be taken into account during the execution of the MRP process creating the Manufacturing Plan and Purchasing Plan. Each product that is planned in either the Manufacturing plan or the Purchasing Plan has a Planning Method defined in the product set up.
By default MRP takes stock and safety stock into account when creating the plans, but the following transactions are optional and are configured in the Planning Method:
- Material Requirement: demand for the product on requisitions in completed status. For more details see the Requisition section.
- Sales Forecast: prevision of future demand for the product. For more details see the Sales Forecast section.
- Pending Sales Order: demand for the product on sales orders in booked status that are not shipped yet. For more details see the Sales Order section.
- Pending Work Requirement: supply for the product on a processed work requirement. For more deatils see the Work Requirement section.
- Pending Purchase Order: supply for the product on a booked purchase order that is not received yet. For more details see the Purchase Order section.