Warehouse Management business flow covers not just inventory transfers between storage bins or warehouses and inventory physical count and management, but also
good movements coming from other company's areas such as Procurement, Sales or MRP.
This business flow is mainly covered by the Openbravo "Warehouse Management" business area, and can be split into several stages:
- Initial inventory on hand booking - this stages covers the activity to book the initial inventory on hand of an item. This information is required while starting inventory activities in Openbravo.
- Inventory Count - this stage covers the activity to count the quantity on hand of an item in stock at a particular point in time.
- Goods Movements - this stage covers goods transfers between storage bins or warehouses, due to internal warehouse movements.
- Inventory Cost calculation - this is a process which calculates the corresponding "average cost" of the items in stock, in case that is the inventory cost calculation method used by the company.
Normally, "Warehouse" role is the one to have access to this business flow as well as "Finance" role:
- Warehouse role is in charge of managing warehouses and inventory.
- Finace role can be in charge of calculating items cost.
Openbravo allows the inventory is always up to date and correclty valued.
It also supports the definition of the warehouse structure your company needs, and besides facilities you to be informed about the exact localization of your stock at any time.
Additionaly the possibility of managing product attributes such as lots and serial numbers assures compliance with the tracking requirements imposed by the majority of industries.
"Warehouse Management" is fully integrated with Purchase Management and Sales Management. The natural integration of these areas guarantees:
- that items receipts as a consecuence of a procument process, increases the quantity on hand of that item localize in a given warehouse and storage bin.
- that items shipped as a consecuence of a sales process, decreases the quantity on hand of that item localize in a given warehouse and storage bin.
This area of management is also fully integrated with Material Resources Planning:
- current stock levels are a key input while managing material and production requirements of the company.
"Warehouse Management" overall business flow swimlane is shown below:
(to be done)