Manual Upgrade From 2.50
Manual Upgrade from sources is only recommended for advanced users.
Please don't do it unless you understand what you are doing.
MMC Upgrade is the recommended upgrade path and will perform all these steps transparently.
Manual Upgrade from sources
- Do a mercurial clone in a separate directory and update to latest mp. This will be used to copy the modules contents.
hg clone https://code.openbravo.com/erp/devel/main openbravo30 hg tags --to see which is the latest version hg up 3.0RC4 --change RC4 with the latest version
- Copy your modules to a new directory
cd yourInstanceDirecotry cp -r modules ../modules
- In this new directory remove all module directories (if any) that are present in 3.0 distribution.
cd ../modules ls -1 openbravo30/modules/ | xargs rm -r
- If you have org.openbravo.base.seam or org.openbravo.client.freemarker modules, remove them.
rm -r org.openbravo.base.seam rm -r org.openbravo.client.freemarker
- If you have installed Quickstart you should remove the directories for the template and dataset modules.
rm -r org.openbravo.quickstarttwo/ rm -r org.openbravo.quickstarttwo.datasets/
- Copy your modules to 3.0 modules directory
cp -r * openbravo30/modules/
- At this point you have a clean 3.0 sources with all the modules you had in 2.50 and do not have a 3.0 version.
- Reconfigure the 3.0 instance in the same way you had it in 2.50
cd openbravo30 ant setup cd config ./setup-properties-linux.bin
- Rebuild the application
ant update.database trl.lib wad.lib compile.complete.deploy
- Restart tomcat
- Login the application.
- You can also decide not to apply the default simplification template (which is applied by default in 3.0). If you want to do so:
- Go to Module window
- Select Openbravo 3.0 template
- Uncheck Apply Configuration Script
- Run ant smartbuild -Dlocal=no -Drestart=yes
- Scan for updates for the rest of modules that you have installed but you don't maintain and install them.
- Ensure the modules you have are consistent: ant check.module.consistency