Create a comprehensive work requirement in order to request materials over a specified time period.
The Manufacturing Plan suggests work requirements and requisitions that need to be created and by clicking a button these docoments are created automatically.
In the main section of the document the information of what needs to be planned and for which time period is entered. By clicking the process button the MRP process creates the lines in the plan with information of supply and demand:
- current stock level (supply)
- pending work requirements (supply)
- booked Sales Orders without a goods shipment (demand)
- safety stock (demand)
- sales forecast (demand)
The information that is listed depends on the planning method used for the product.
The MRP process balances the demand with the supply, taking into account the dates of both and based on this information suggests work requirements and requisitions to be created. The generated lines can be updated manually. Also, changes to demand and supply can be made and the plan recalculated to see a new plan.
The Manufacturing Plan shows the demand for raw material that is required for the suggested work requirements and suggests requisitions without reviewing the supply and demand for the raw material. Once the requisitions are completed by the planner, they are input to the Purchasing Plan to calculate if any purchase orders need to be placed.
Once the plan is as desired, by clicking different buttons the work requirements and requisitons are created automatically.
Create and edit a manufacturing plan.
- Document Date: date the manufacturing plan is entered
- Name: name of the manufacturing plan
- Time Horizon: the number of days that are taking into account for the calculation of the manufacturing plan
- Safety Lead Time: number of days that are added to the offset for the calcualtion of the planned order date of the suggested work requirements and requisitions. For example the manufacturing leadtime is used to indicate how long it will take for a product between being produced and arriving in the warehouse and the safety lead time is added on for any time that it takes to put the product into stock (due to quality check or other internal processes).
- Planner: filter to select only products managed by a certain planner, as configured in the Org Specific tab of the product.
- Business Partner: filter to only select products ordered by a certain customer
- Business Partner Category: filter to only select business partners of a certain business partner category.
- Product: filter to select only a certain product
- Product Category: filter to select only products related to a certain product category
- Process Purchase Plan button: once the information is added in the main section, the lines are created by the Process Purchase Plan button. If necessary, changes are made to set ups and new lines are created by clicking the Recalculate Dates/Quantities button.
Add products to be included in your plan. Each product is shown on its own line.
Only products that are set up with the Production checkbox and Process Plan selected in the product are executed by the MRP process.
Depending on the product, different transaction types may appear in the lines. All supply transactions have a positive quantity, all demand transactions have a negative quantity.
- Stock: by default appearing for the product
- Sales Forecast: the information appears if:
- Minimum Stock: by default appearing for the product if set up in the Safety Stock field in the product.
- Pending Sales Order: the information appears if:
- Suggested Work Requirement:advise generated by MRP to create a purchase order.
- the required quantity is the quantity that is the outcome of the balance of all supply and all demand
- the Quantity is the quantity to appear on the work requirement(s) that is created. Based on the set ups in the Product the quantity can differ from the required quantity, for example due to min. quantity for production, quantity type, etc.
- the Planned Order Date is the date that the Work Requirement needs to be created and processed. This is an offset of the dates demand is required offset with the manufacturing lead time set up in the product and the safety lead time in the set up in the main section of this plan. If the demand is required within the timeframe of the lead times, the date is reflected as past due to indicate that in order to get the product on time action should have been taken already and it indicates exactly how overdue the action is.
- Suggested Material Requirement: advise generated by MRP to create requisitions for the raw material that is requiered to be used in the suggested work requirements. The correct raw material information is generated if the information in the Process Plan is correct.
- the Planned Order Date is the date that the Requisition needs to be created and completed. These dates equal the planned order dates of the suggested work requirements.
- the Quantity is the quantity to appear on the requisition that is created. The quantity is based on the quantity on the suggested work requirement combined with the component use as defined in the Process Plan.
By clicking the Generate Work Requirements button, the work requirements are created automatically. The documents need to be processed, please see the [[Work_Requirement|Work Requirement] section for details.
By clicking the Generate Material Requisitions button, the requisitions are created in draft automatically. The documents need to be completed, please see the Requisition section for details.
The requisitions can be selected as input in the planning method of the Purchasing Plan to be included in the calculations of that plan, in order to calculate if Purchase Orders need to be created.
Once the documents are created automatically, the numbers of the documents appears in the Work Requirement and the Requisition Line columns of the lines. The created purchase order is in draft status and needs to be booked. For more information please check the Purchase Order section.
Full list of Manufacturing Plan window fields and their descriptions is available in the Manufacturing Plan Screen Reference.