Modules:Active Discounts Popup
Active Discounts Popup is a commercial module that allows the WebPOS to show a popup at the time of paying in case some discounts are available but not applied. Specifically this module allows to:
- Display the popup for discounts of type Buy X and get Y as gift (available within the Discounts and Promotions Rules for Retail module)
- Display the popup for discounts of type Free Products per Total Amount (available within the Discount rules for Retail by total module)
To this end, a new checkbox, Alert in WebPOS, is added to Discounts and Promotions window where it is especified whether the popup should be shown or not.
- Add the offered products automatically from the popup
In order to use these pop-ups it is necessary to set the Alert in WebPOS checkbox to true, as shown in the next image:
Once this checkbox is set for a specific discount, while paying a ticket in WebPOS, if the discount can be applied (e.g. the ticket net ammount exceeds the value defined in a discount of type Free Products per Total Amount) but the free product has not been introduced in the ticket, an informative pop-up will be shown.
We will go through a real example to see how this module works.
First of all, we define a new discount and set the Alert in WebPOS check to true.
Next, we define the products included in the discount.
We open the Web POS and create a new ticket. We add the products that will enable the discount
If we hit the payment button the system will check the available discounts and open the pop-up showing the available (but not applied) discount.
From here we can go back to the ticket and add the missing free product, or continue the payment process and go to the payment screen.
Starting from 3.0RR14Q4 this module will have the capability to add the free products directly from the popup. To that end the popup design is modified to fit a checkbox that will add the correct amount of free products to the ticket when it's checked, and remove the same amount if the checkbox is unchecked.
In addition, if two or more discounts are available, but cannot be added at the same time to the ticket due to discount priorities, adding a product from the popup will lock or disable certain popup lines, ensuring that the products added from the popup don't change the total amount of the ticket.
Active Discounts Pop-up and Best Deal Case
This module can be used alongside the Best Deal Case module, with the following considerations:
- Best Deal Case applies By Total discounts only during the BDC process. That means that the active discounts popup may show an available discount, but even if the user adds that product to the ticket, the discount won't be shown right away.
- The popup is shown after calculating the Best Deal Case for the first time. Following the previous point, if there is any By Total discount applied to the ticket after the BDC, and any product is added from the popup, all discounts will be recalculated and the previously applied by total discount will disappear. After the popup is closed the best deal case will be calculated again and the correct discounts will be applied.
- Since BDC only allows one discount per ticket line, and by total discounts lock every line in the ticket, if a by-total-discounted product is added from the popup, the rest of the popup lines will be disabled.
- If the discounted product comes from a Buy X get Y as a gift discount, all by total discount lines in the popup will be disabled.