English | Français | Translate this article...
This module provides the infrastructure necessary to use OLAP Cubes in Openbravo.
- License: Commercial
- Category: Module
This module has been created in order to enhance Openbravo with the ability to do Analytical Analysis. This module provides the basic infrastructure and tools for Analytical Reporting.
With this module it is possible to define an OLAP Cube through Application Dictionary and then use it to create Analytical Reports.
A brief explanation about OLAP Cubes and the technologies that Openbravo uses to implement them.
See this great video for a 2 minutes overview.
Some of the most interesting On-Line external resources that are helpful for understanding the underlying technologies and concepts in Openbravo Analytics:
- About Saiku it is adviced to check their own 
- About Mondrian at Pentaho it is also adviced to look into their the Documentation
- A great set of tutorials on the MDX query language, like the articles from William E. Pearson, III, in the section 'MDX Essentials' on this link. The tutorial series starts with this one.
Installation and Configuration
An explanation of how to install and configure the Analytics Module.
For more advanced topics on Mondrian configuration, refer to the developers section below, which has a more extensive explanation in that regard.
Once Analytics Module is installed and configured the user has access to a set of tools to consume Multi-Dimensional Reports
This is the main Window from which Multi-Dimensional Reports can be explored. The User will have access to a Window named Multi-Dimensional Reports, which is a limited version of OB Analytics Window. therefore not all the functionality detailed will be available to this Role.
Openbravo Sales Reports, Views, Widgets, Cubes
Openbravo Analytics provides several different instruments to help you with your reporting and analytics requirements.
- Analytics Reports visualize key sales information. Allowing you to look at anything from best sellers, discounts, cashup information, detailed return overviews.
- Analytics Windows provide detailed insight in the sales facts which are used to fill the reports and widgets. You can use the standard Openbravo tooling to filter, sort, re-organize your data before exporting it to excel.
- Analytics Widgets give you direct insight in best performing products (categories) across stores and provides usefull KPI's on sales rep productivity.
Multi-Currency, Hierarchies & Date Time Mapping
This page discusses several topics which are important to understand when working with OB Analytics.
Once Analytics Module is installed and configured the consultant has access to a set of tools to consume and also to create Multi-Dimensional Reports for the end user
This is the main Window from which Multi-Dimensional Reports can be explored.
It is possible to save a Multi-Dimensional Query and then to launch it again through a different Window. This makes it possible to construct a specific view using Analytics and then make it available to only specifically selected users.
Cubes are defined through the Application Dictionary. Cubes can be modified or created using the Cube Definition Window.
Security and Access
How security and authorized access are handled with Analytics.
Create, Update and Extend Fact tables using Openbravo's Fact Table infrastructure
Openbravo provides an infrastructure to control the updating of separate fact tables from transaction tables. This section discusses how to setup and extend existing fact tables and how to incorporate your code and custom columns in the standard Openbravo Fact Update infrastructure.
Cube Queries in Process Windows and Widgets
It is possible to embed a Multi-Dimensional Query into a Widget or a Process Definition Window to show the results.
Managing time/date columns and Parent-Child relations in Mondrian
Discusses complex mapping topics, for example how date/time properties and parent-child relations are mapped.
Using the XMLA webservice api with Analytics
Configuration and Development
How to configure Mondrian to improve performance and tips for when developing using the Analytics infrastructure.
Known limitations of Mondrian/Analytics Module.
- Define a new Cube
- Add a Dimension or a Measure to an existing Cube
- Define a new Cube as a Template
- Schedule Caching Background Process
- Extend Generation of Cubes