English | Français | Translate this article...
An example of a simple Query built with Saiku.
- Select a Cube, in this case Sales Order Cube.
- In the Dimensions section, click on Product - Product Category Dimension and Sales Order - Accounting Date Dimension to expand them.
- Move Year Member from Accounting Date Dimension to the Columns axis.
- Move Product Member from Product - Product Category Dimension to Rows axis.
- Move orderQuantity Measure to Filter axis.
The result is a Report with the Order Quantities of all the Products for all the Years.
Using multiple dimensions
An example of a Query with Saiku with multiple dimensions, based on the Query previously done.
- Move orderQuantity Measure from Filter to Columns.
- Move lineNetAmount Measure to Columns.
- Click on Sales Order - Organization Dimension to expand it.
- Move Organization element from Sales Order - Organization Dimension to Columns, and place it after Year element.
- Click on Year element and select only the Year 2013
- Click on the arrows over orderQuantity Measure, so the data is ordered by orderQuantity Measure in a descending order.
The Report shows the Products, ordered by their orderQuantity, for the Year 2013 grouped by Organization.
An example of a Query with Saiku that uses the filtering option of an axes, based on the Query previously done.
- Click on the arrow icon in the Rows axis. A Frame with some filtering options will appear.
- Click on Limit
- Click on Top ten by...
- Click on orderQuantity
The Report shows the previous data, but only shows the ten products with more quantity ordered.
The options to filter any axes on Saiku are:
- Filter. By writing a custom MDX expression, more advanced filtering is possible. This requires MDX knowledge.
- Limit. It is possible to limit the number of results to the Top or Bottom ten, Top or Bottom ten based on a Measure, or by a custom MDX expression.
- Sort. It is possible to sort the results by any Measure, even breaking the hierarchy of the Dimensions or using a custom MDX expression.
An example of the usage of the options menu of a Dimension, based on the Query previously done.
- Click over F&B España - Región Norte. A Menu with options is shown.
- Click on Keep and Include Level
- Click on (All)
The data now shows information for the Organization F&B España - Región Norte alongside information for all Organizations, so it is easier to compare them.
In the options Menu for any Dimension it is possible to:
- Keep Only. Removes any records of the same Dimension, but the one selected.
- Show Children. Shows the Children of the record selected, if there are any.
- Include Level. Include different Levels of the same Dimension, it can be children or parents.
- Keep and Include Level. Removes any records of the same Dimension, but the one selected and, at the same time, includes different Levels of the same Dimension.
- Remove Level. Remove a specific Level of the Dimension.
Save and Load queries
It is possible to save a Query and Load it later. The buttons to save/load Queries are in the Toolbar of OB Analytics Window.
When saving a Query it is required to give it a name.
It is possible also to visualize the information using different graphics. Following with the Query previously done.
- Click on F&B España - Región Norte.
- Click on Keep Only.
- On the upper right corner, below Mode:, click on the graphics icon.
- Click on Multiple Bar Chart graphic.
The graphic shows the ten Products with more ordered Quantity in 2013 for F&B España - Región Norte, with the ordered Quantity and the Net Amount.
Export to xls/pdf
It is also possible to export the results to an xls, csv or pdf file using the corresponding buttons on the Toolbar of OB Analytics Window.