Modules:External Data Load for Advanced Warehouse Operations
English | Translate this article...
The External Data Load for Advanced Warehouse Operations is a Module that allows to quickly import the needed definition Warehouses and Products to be able to work with the Advanced Warehouse Operations flow.
This Module will use a csv file created from a Template that will help to create the needed definition for large volumes of records and will import information about:
- Internal Routing Area
- Storage Bin Group
- Storage Bin
- Storage Bin Capacity
- Internal Routing
- Internal Routing Assignment
- Warehouse Algorithm Assignment
- Storage Bin Group List
- Storage Bin Group List Line
- Product AUM
The information must be placed in csv files and copied into the file system. The specific location of this files will be explained in the Configuration section of this Document.
The template used for generating the CSV files can be found here. The first page of the template contains information about the column values for each entity.
This section of the Documentation will explain how to properly configure External Data Load for Advanced Warehouse Operations Module.
To do so, first Advanced Warehouse Operations Module must be installed and configured.
If there is configuration related to Distribution Orders, the Modules Distribution Orders and Distribution Orders for AWO must be also installed and configured.
Finally, four steps are needed to complete the configuration:
- Apply the Data Set
- Configure the EDL Infrastructure (Included in the Dataset)
- Configure the Model (Included in the Dataset)
- Launch the Background Process
All this configuration must be done at Client Level.
Apply the Data Set
The first step in the configuration is to apply the Advanced Warehouse Operations External Data Load Dataset.
In order to do so, navigate to Enterprise Module Management Window, select the Advanced Warehouse Operations External Data Load Dataset and click on Ok.
A successful message should appear.
EDL infrastructure configuration
A record for EDL configuration, with default values, is added when dataset is applied. To modify the configuration for EDL infrastructure navigate to EDL Configuration Window and modify the values.
More information about EDL Configuration window can be found here.
To define the module configuration navigate to EDL for Advanced Warehouse Operations Window.
When dataset is applied, a new record is added to this window, with default values, you can modify them at will.
- Path to external files (csv): The path in file system where CSV files should be placed.
- Field delimiter: Allows to set the field delimiter in CSV file, if omitted, colon character is assumed.
- Quote character: Character used to quote column values, if the delimiter character appears on it; if omitted, double quote character is assumed.
- Escape character: Character used to escape special characters, if omitted, back slash character is assumed.
The data contained in the csv files is imported by a Background Process.
This Background Process is configured in the Process Request Window. When dataset is applied, a new Process Request for process External Data Load for AWO is added with:
- Organization: *
- Timing: Run Immediately
You can adjust the settings to match your needs, and finally, click on the Schedule Process button
Import work flow
To successfully import the configuration for Warehouses and Products to start using Advanced Warehouse Operations, follow this four steps
- Using the template, generate a csv file containing the configuration data. A file must be created for each Entity that it is defined (Each Tab in the Template represents and entity) The name that the files must have for each Entity are shown bellow in a table. The naming conventions for each file, as well as the column names in the template should be respected. The files should be exported selecting the field delimiter and quote character best suiting the data nature. The field delimiter and quote character selected should be set in EDL for AWO Configuration window before importing the file.
- Place the generated csv file in the file system path defined in EDL for AWO Configuration window.
- Adjust the field delimiter and quote character, if necessary.
- Schedule the process request for External Data Load for AWO background process.
- Check the EDL Request window for details about the import process. More information about this window can be found here.
|Internal Routing Area||InternalRoutingArea.csv|
|Storage Bin Group||StorageBinGroup.csv|
|Storage Bin Capacity||StorageBinCapacity.csv|
|Internal Routing Assignment||RoutingAssignment.csv|
|Warehouse Algorithm Assignment||WarehouseAlgorithmAssignment.csv|
|Storage Bin Group List||StorageBinGroupList.csv|
|Storage Bin Group List Line||StorageBinGroupListLine.csv|