Modules:Mobile Goods Receipt and Customer Returns/User Guide
|Important Note: Mobile Goods Receipt and Customer Returns functionality is discontinued and unsupported. All supported Warehouse functionality is included now in Advanced Warehouse Operations modules.|
Mobile Goods Receipt and Customer Returns it is a commercial module created by Practics Business Solutions like a contribution to the world of retail by making the merchandise reception easier and allowing us to have better data control. It belongs to Mobile Warehouse Operations which is a frontend composed by a group of modules that allows the user to control and manage the logistics in a warehouse. The main function of Mobile Goods Receipt and Customer Returns is to receive the merchandise from the computer or the PDA, either from direct purchases or by customer returns. One of the most valuable characteristics of the module is that it allows several people to work inside the same order receiving an order and having a direct update of the order placed.
To enter the module, a role authorization is needed. To do it go to the window "Role" select and activate within the option form access, "mobile goods".
For the document types to be received with Mobile Goods Receipt and Customer Return' (For instance: Purchase Order...etc) it is necessary to configure the Receipt document type to be used. For exemple, in this case for the purchase document type "Commade Achat Interco" we will generate the receipt with the document type "Bon de reception Interco".
Default Storage bin
In the warehouse screen, in the bin tab, there is a check to define which bin will be the bin taken by default to receive products.
The url to access the frontend of the module is the following: <<your instance>>/openbravo/web/cat.practics.mobile.goodsreceipt.
The screen is divided into two parts.
- The right side: To search the products.
- The left side: Shows the options included in the menu.
Inside the menu, several options can be operated:
- Save: Saves the goods receipt in the draft to continue to edit it in the future.
- Remaining products: Shows the products that are still pending of being received.
- Delete shipment: Deletes the opened goods receipt.
- Reset attribute: Reset the product attribute if defined before (number of lot, for example).
The documents selector allows creating a new reception, filtering the document by:
- Purchase order.
- Customer return.
Each type of document, in turn, can be selected by:
- Number of document.
- Business partner.
When a purchase order is selected, if, there are goods receipts in draft status related to de purchase order, a pop-up will appear to select which one to continue working on, or we can create a new one. This scenario will usually occur when more than one user is receiving the same purchase order. As we can see in the image below, the user who created the goods receipt is shown so the user will be able to identify his goods receipt easily.
Once the goods receipt is selected, all the products already scanned will be on the left side of the screen. In case that no goods receipt in draft exists for a purchase order, when the purchase order is selected from the list, no pop-up will appear. Once the purchase order which we want to receive is selected we can start to receive products. The screen will show 3 white buttons that allow to:
- Rec: It is the storage bin where we will receive the products. By default, there is the one configured in the storge bin tab in the Warehouse screen.
- No reference number provided: It is used to specify the vendor's receipt number or reference.
- Reset Attribute: corresponds to erasing the attribute of the merchandise, if it has previously been defined.
The following, step would be to scan the products, and they will be added on the left side of the screen.
There are 5 different columns:
- Product: corresponds to the selected merchandise
- Attribute: corresponds to some product specification, like lot, serial number...etc.
- Storage bin: corresponds to the storage bin where we are receiving the goods.
- Quantity: corresponds to the quantity in the purchase order.
- Verified: corresponds to the received quantity of product
The documents showed are those purchase orders that are completed and not 100% received.
The verified or scanned quantities can be also entered manually by selecting the line. The pop-up modify / delete line will appear. In the quantity section, we can enter it manually and in the observation section, the user can insert a comment if needed.
The scanned products will appear in the left section of the screen with different line colors, each one of them represents:
- The orange section shows the last product that you have scanned.
- The green color shows that the received quantity is equal to the ordered quantity.
- The white color shows that the received quantity is less than the ordered quantity.
- The yellow color shows that the received quantity is higher than the ordered quantity.
Once we are done receiving, and all the products are scanned we process the goods receipt by click the green check.
Finally, a success message appears with the goods receipt document number processed.
In addition, some useful preferences have been configured to organize the purchase and customer returns. These preferences can be defined since the back office.
Enable Modify Referenced Inventory Type
This option allows us to modify the type of referenced inventory during the reception.
Filter Orders By Current Organization
When this preference is in 'N', the user will see all the orders from every organization. When set in 'Y', the user will see the orders from his organization.
Show Shipment created by
Allows seeing who has created the goods receipt. It is really useful when more than one person is working within an order because allows dividing the work.
Filter Locators By Order Warehouse
The preference "Filter Locators By Order Warehouse" when activated, the storage bin list will be filtered by all the storage bins of the warehouse in the purchase order.
Show Alert Shipment User In Draft
The preference "Show Alert Shipment User In Draft" indicates that a goods receipt has been already created. It is useful when more than one person is working in receiving a purchase order.