Modules:Mobile Physical Inventory
- This module will be ready to install when 3.0PR14Q4 release publishes, as it depends on it.
This module implements Mobile Physical Inventory and the possibility of assigning them to a user. With this module you can:
- Assign an Inventory to a user in the backend
- View and count the Inventory's lines in the frontend
- Save the process done while counting in the frontend
- Process the Inventory in the frontend
These are the preferences you can configure in this module:
- Mobile Physical Inventory number of records: It sets the number of inventory lines to be shown in the mobile application, the default value if no preference is set to 100. The advised value for this preference is 25.
- Show Booked Quantity: It allows the frontend user to see the booked quantity in the screen. This is the quantity the backend has as the actual stock of this product.
- Button Done Check Lines Needed: It allows the frontend user to complete the Physical Inventory without having counted all the lines.
- Mobile Physical Inventory saving timeout: Number of seconds before the line in the inventory gets autosaved. De default value if it is not configured by the preference it is 4 seconds.
This module inserts some additional checks while processing the inventory. Those additional checks are not in the ordinary processing button Process Inventory Count of the Physical Inventory window. This module creates a new button for this called Process Inventory, after installing this module the System Administrator needs to hide the previous processing button Process Inventory Count in the user template and show the new button Process Inventory.
Creating and assigning the Physical Inventory in the backend
Create a Physical Inventory
This part goes as usual in the backend.
Assign it to a user
There is a combo box where the user make the inventory can be assigned. After assigning the user, the status changes to assigned.
Counting and processing the Physical Inventory in the frontend
You can access Mobile Physical Inventory through Mobile Warehouse Menu.
Once accessed this the user can open any assigned non processed Physical Inventory.
Mobile Physical Inventory Interface
Once you open a Physical Inventory, this is Mobile Physical Inventory's Interface.
The elements this page has are:
- Menu button.
- Search button: Allows to search inventories.
- Done: Processes the inventory.
Title and Warehouse row:
- Name: Name of the Physical Inventory.
- Warehouse: Warehouse of the physical Inventory.
- Previous page: Changes to previous page.
- Page indicator/searcher: Indicates the page number and the user can set the number of page the user wants to go. You can enter a value here and go to that page.
- Following page: Changes to the following page.
- Name: Name of the Bin.
- T: Label for Theoretical quantity or booked quantity of the product. The stock of the product Openbravo thinks there is.
- C: Label for Counted quantity. The amount counted by the user.
- Name: Name of the product.
- Book quantity
- Count quantity
- Counted check: Check that marks a line as counted and saves the count quantity to the backend. The save is automatically done when the seconds set on the preference have passed (if not set 4 seconds is the default). Hitting done, previous page or following page buttons also saves the line.
- Similar to the WebPOS's one.
- Hide counted: Hides the counted lines.
- Reset quantity: Resets a line to the initial value of the inventory (_).
The user can manually select any line and start counting products by:
- Clicking the line.
- Pressing - and + buttons.
- Manually setting the quantity in the textbox of the keyboard and then pressing quantity.
The user can count products using a barcode scanner. The barcode scanner adds on to the counted quantity of the scanned product. The scanning searches the product automatically and selects it's line and adds 1 to the counted quantity. If the product line is in another page, the application takes the user to that page and realizes the same actions as if it was in the same page.