Modules:Physical Inventory Reason Code
Physical Inventory Reason Code is a commercial module that allows to enter reason codes at Physical Inventory header level. It also adds a Physical Inventory Correction Report that shows in a detailed way the total value of the corrected stock. Specifically this module allows to:
- Define reason codes at organization level
- Set reason codes at physical inventory header level
- Print the physical inventory correction report in Html/Excel output type
In order to add reason codes to physical inventories it is necessary to define them first.
Reason codes can be defined for any organization. This is done from the Reason Code window.
The fields in this window are:
- Organization: An organization is a unit of your client or legal entity - examples are store, department. You can share data between organizations.
- Search Key: A search key allows for a fast method of finding a particular record.
- Name: A descriptive identifier (it doesn't need to be unique) for the reason code.
Reason Codes in Physical Inventories
When creating a physical inventory or editing it, the user must define a reason code for the physical inventory being edited (Reason Code is a mandatory field by default, but can be changed by the System Administrator at any time).
Physical Inventory Correction Report
This report shows the value of the stock corrected by physical inventories in a summarized way. The report can be filtered by the following parameters:
- Organization (mandatory parameter)
- Starting Date (mandatory parameter)
- Ending Date (mandatory parameter)
- Reason Code (non-mandatory, single selector; if none selected, all reason codes will be taken into account)
- Warehouse (non-mandatory, single selector; if none selected, all warehouses will be taken into account)
- Output Type (Html/Excel)
The following information will be displayed in a tabular way:
- Reason code
- Physical inventory
In addition, if the selected output is Html, the report will show a Total Cost section grouped by reason codes.