Modules:Prestashop Integration/User Guide
The Prestashop Module connector has been devoloped by Practics Business Solutions, an Openbravo Gold Partner. It is used to connect Openbravo and Prestashop, being able to sell on-line in Prestashop while keeping Openbrabo as database and managing tool. This commercial module has different processes to import: Attributes, Attribute set, Products, Product categories, Customers, Orders and more features. There are other processes that import basic information such the Store Views, Product taxes and Customer taxes that have to be configured first.
Prestashop Configuration Window (Main section)
This is the main window to configure and see all the information downloaded from the different processes of the ERP. It's composed by the header with the connection parameters and the default configuration for the different process, and the Tabs with the Registers imported from Prestashop.
First, is necessary to configure the Prestashop Server parameters, like the Shop Url and the API Key. This user has to be configured with Administrator role or with another Role but with all the permissions. At the Default Organisation section it can be set the default organization for the new records created on Openbravo like Products, Customers, Characteristic Values and Product categories. There are multiple fields to be configured such as the products and orders configurations. It will allow us to set the price list to be used, taxes, warehouse, delivery conditions…etc
- Document type: It is the type of document that will be created when a sales order in imported to Openbrabo
- Order Sequence: If it is set as Document Sequence it will give the document id as it is set for the document type. If it is set as Prestashop Identifier, the document id will be the the same that in Prestashop.
- Freight Product: It is use to add the details of the freight cost in the sales order. First, a product for freight has to be created. Once created, if it is informed here and the freight cost is diferent than 0, a new line in the sales order will appear with the freight cost.
- Discount Product: It works in the same way as the Freight Product. When the sales ordes has a discount, it will apear a new line with the product defined as discount and the discount applied to the order.
- Warehouse: It defines which warehouse will be considered for the order sales
- Delivery Method: It is used to define the delivery method of the orders: Delivery, Pickup or Shipper
- Freight Cost Rule: The freight cost rule can be caluclated or freight included
- Business Parter Type: If it is set as Create Business Partner per Order the system will search the business partner of an order in Openbravo. If it is not found, it will create it. If it is set as Fixed Busines Partner it will asign all the sales orders coming from Orestashop to the same Business Partner.
- Use Business Parter Conditions: It will use the BP Conditions if they are defined in the BP screen.
- Tax Type Calculation: Taxes can be calculated depending of the Order Location or from a Fixed Location.
- Complete Orders: If enabled when importing sales orders from Prestashop it will complete them automatically.
- Create Picking: If enabled when importing sales orders from Prestashop it will automatically creat the picking. Note that for the picking to be create, the order has to be completed, so the Complete Orders checkbox has to be checked.
- Create Invoice: If enabled when importing sales orders from Prestashop it will automatically creat the invoice. Note that for the picking to be create, the order has to be completed, so the Complete Orders checkbox has to be checked.
- Tracking Mandatory: If enabled, it will not upload the order state as shipped in Prestashop until it has the tracking number informed.
We can also set the customers configuration and the synchronization settings as its seen below.
- Processors avaliables: It is the number of processors that will work simultaneously when importing data from Prestashop.
- Products per process: It refers to the amount of products that will be processed for each processor at a time.
- Update Priority: When updating data, the priority can be set for Openbrabo data or for Prestashop data.
- Synchronize Orders By: When Last Synchronization Date is selected, it will synchronize all de orders until the last synchronization date. When Order Status is selected, it will only import the orders with a certain state (To configure such states go to Order States Tab.
- Update Product Category of Products: If enabled, if there are changes in the product category of a product this will be updated. Else, it won't.
- Update price on product: If enabled, if there are changes in the price of a product this will be updated. Else, it won't.
- Update name on product: If enabled, if there are changes in the name of a product this will be updated. Else, it won't.
- Block New Business Partners: if enabled, will block the creation or update of new Business Partners.
- Block New Brands: if enabled, will block the creation or update of new Brands.
- Block New Categories: if enabled, will block the creation or update of new Categories.
- Block New Characteristics: if enabled, will block the creation or update of new Characteristics.
- Block New Products: if enabled, will block the creation or update of new Products
Note: all blocked records will be created on the corresponding auxiliar tabs, without create the record of Openbravo.
Once all the configurations are done, we will test if the connection works. To do so, there is the button Test Connection that will return a message of Success or Error. In case of Error, the response will show the error code and his message.
- Last Order Sync: last successfull syncrhonization date for Orders.
- Last Product Sync: last successfull syncrhonization date for Products.
- Last Product Update Sync: last successfull update syncrhonization date for Products.
- Last Inventory Sync: last successfull syncrhonization date for Inventory.
- Last Brand Sync: last successfull syncrhonization date for Brands.
- Test Prestashop Connection: button that test the connection and returns the success or error message of it.
- Import Languages/Brands/Categories/Product Options/Product Tax/Products/Customer Groups/Countries/Regions/Freights/Order States: button that will import the object from Prestashop to Openbravo, it will create it if it doesn’t exist or it will update it if it does exist. It will also update its corresponding tab.
Prestashop Configuration Window (Tabs)
Several tabs are used to keep track of the correlation of the information between Prestashop and Openbravo.
Before importing all the objects, it is important to first import the languages. Once the languages are imported, the default language must be informed at the main section of the Prestashop Configuration Screen.
In this tab the relation between Prestashop objects and Openbravo objects can be set.
Upload Errors Tab
It shows the upload errors when uploading information to Prestashop.
It shows the relation between the categories in Prestashop and those in Openbravo
It shows the relation between the brands in Prestashop and those in Openbravo
Product Option Tab
It shows the relation between the product options in Prestashop and the characteristics in Openbravo
Product Tax Tab
It shows the relation between the Product Taxes in Prestashop and those in Openbravo
The product tab will have all the products imported from Prestashop with his basic information and the mapped Openbravo product. The Openbravo product will be created on the import process if the “Block new Products” check of the header is not enabled. If an Openbravo product exist with the same value on the Search Key field as the one from Prestashop, this will be mapped and updated.
Business Partners Tab
It shows the relation between the Business Partners in Prestashop and those in Openbravo.
Customer Groups Tab
It shows the relation between Customer Groups in Prestashop and those in Openbravo
Countries and Regions Tab
It shows the relation between Countries/Regions in Prestashop and those in Openbravo. If the country has the check of Requires Mapped Regions for the tax calculation, the new prestashop Regions won't be created.
It shows the relation between the warehouses in Prestashop and those in Openbravo. The stock in Prestashop will be taken from the warehouses in this tab.
Stock Pending Document Types Tab
When the Stock Method Calculation, from the Orders Configuration Section, is set to “By Pending Sales”, the stock will be calculated taking into account your real stock minus the reservations and the pending sales. To do so, it can be configured the documents types that have to be taken into account. It is in this tab where they are defined.
It shows the relation between the freights in Prestashop and those in Openbravo.
Payment Methods Tab
It shows the relation between the payment methods in Prestashop and those in Openbravo.
It shows the relation between the currencies in Prestashop and those in Openbravo.
Order states Tab
This tab allows the configuration of the importation of the sales orders depending of their state. For example, if only the sales orders which are payed have to be imported to Openbravo, the line referring the Order State “Payed” (Pago acceptado in Spanish) will have the Action “Import” associated.
It shows the errors when importing orders form Prestashop. Once they are fixed, they will disappear when refreshing the page.
The alerts and errors will be sent to the mails in this tab. It is useful if it is important to know on time if there are errors or malfunctions.
At the Process Request Screen there are several processes that can be scheduled to upload or import information to/from Prestashop. The import processes will import the Prestashop data to Openbravo. The upload processes will upload the data from Openbravo to Prestashop. Some examples are:
- Prestashop Import Brand Process: It imports the brands from Prestashop to Openbravo.
- Prestashop Inventory Sync Process: It imports the inventory from the warhouses defined in the Warehouse Tab from Openbravo to Prestashop.
- Prestashop Order Status Sync Process: It synchronizes the Order Satus from both Prestashop and Openbravo.
- Prestashop Order Sync Process: It synchronizes the orders from Prestashop to Openbrabo.
- Prestashop Upload Attribute Options: It uploads attribute options from Openbravo to Prestashop.
- Prestashop Upload Categories: It uploads categories from Openbravo to Prestashop.
- Prestashop Upload Product Images Process: It uploads product images from Openbravo to Prestashop.
- Prestashop Upload Product Process: It uploads products from Openbravo to Prestashop.
- Update Products to Prestashop Process: It updates the products that already exists in Prestashop from Openbrabo but it doesn't create new ones.