This module implements Re-invoicing. It generates sales invoices from purchase invoices (lines) checked as ready to be re-invoiced.
Master data configuration
All the master data configuration you need to run this module is included in the dataset. Just install the dataset called Re-Invoicing.
The installed master data will be:
- Invoicing configuration. Where we specify the java class to be executed by the process. (this is something transparent to the user)
- Group by configuration. Contains the different aggregations that the user can do when execute the Re-invoicing process. (this is something transparent to the user).
This process has two execution steps:
- Generate a proposal of the generation of the sales invoices based on the purchase invoices to re-invoice.
- Convert the proposal into actual invoices.
The first step in order to generate a proposal is to check what are the purchase invoice lines that will be re-invoiced. To do that, just go the Purchase Invoice window and do the following actions:
- Check the field Re-Invoice in the header of the invoice and the lines you want to re-invoice.
- Select the customer of the future generated sales invoice that will include the current purchase invoice.
Open the Re-Invoice process (Go to Application > Sales Management > Transactions > Re-invoice process). Fill the filters:
- Organization: it may be empty.
- Starting date - Ending date: compulsory filters, period of purchase invoices pending to be reinvoiced.
- Sales invoice date: compulsory value, the value by default will be todays date, it will be the date of the sales invoices generated.
- Business Partner (Customer): allow to filter by those customers to whom it is required to invoice.
- Contract: if it is required to filter by any specific contract.
- Product: to indicate the products to those purchase invoice lines that must be re-invoiced.
- Purchase invoice: it allows to filter for those purchase invoices that are required to re-invoice.
- Current: Checked by default. To launch just the invoices considering all the filters.
- Previous: Un-checked by default. To launch all the invoices considering all the filters but also if there are any purchase invoice pending to be re-invoiced previous to the starting date (but considering also the other filters)
- Group sales invoice by: the user may indicate how the sales invoices must be grouped, the available options will be:
- Purchase invoice: it will be the option checked by default. one sales invoice will be generated per purchase invoice, considering all the lines checked as re-invoiced and with the same customer.
- Customer: all purchase invoice lines checked as re-invoiced with the same customer will generate a unique sales invoice.
- Project/Contract: it will be generated so many sales invoices as purchase invoice lines to re-invoiced considering the same customer and project.
Execute the process. You will see that at the end of the process the window Temporary Sales Invoice Proposal will be opened.
Once the Temporary Sales Invoice Proposal window is opened, just select the invoices to generate and press the button Create Invoices. After the executin you will see all the purchase invoice lines selected in the process linked to a sales invoice line in te Re-Invoicing section.