Retail Service Sequence is an optional free commercial module that can be installed on top of Openbravo for Retail distribution starting from RR16Q2.
The Openbravo Web Pos Service Sequence is a new feature that allows users to generate a sequence to product services associated to the product that the client is requesting.
Back End Configuration
In Organization windows a new field has been added.
- Services Have Sequence Number. This field by default is unchecked. Change the value to generate sequence number for product services.
- Print Ticket Template: Select service sequence receipt template to print the sequence generated on Web Pos.
In Product window two new fields have been added only for service product type.
- Has sequence number. This field by default is unchecked. Change the value to generate sequence number for this service product.
- Has own sequence. This field by default is unchecked. This field forces a unique sequence for the product.
Verify that the product is in assortment list.
Openbravo Web POS is also launched by entering a URL in the web browser. This URL is constructed the following way. http://<IP_address>/openbravo/web/org.openbravo.retail.posterminal/?terminal=<POS Terminal ID (Search Key)>.
On the Web Pos when we pay a receipt that contains positive lines and services if the service is marked as generate sequence and the store is marked to generate sequences then a sequence for the service line is generated. This sequence is saved in the backend in the Sales Order window in the sequence number field of the order line tab.
Assuming a correctly configured service, sequence numbers will be generated for the following cases:
- When we pay a receipt that contains a service.
- When we paid a quotation that contains a service.
- When we pay partially or completely a layaway that contains a service.
We can see sequence number generated in the pictures below.
Sales Order Line tab
In Line tab from Sales Order windows a new field has been added.
- Service Sequence. This field is read only and show the sequence for this service line.
Verified Returns in Web POS
On Verified Returns pop-up from Web Pos we can see the sequence number saved on sales order lines.