This module provides the necessary tools in order to manage the Shipping functionality.
- License: Openbravo Public License
- Category: Module
This Module provides a new Document Type and a new Window to manage the Shipping Process.
The Shipping Process groups several Shipments into one Document. It is dependent of the Core Module of Openbravo, version 3.0PR14Q3.2 or above
Openbravo must be in the version 3.0PR14Q3.3 or above.
As System Administrator access the Window General Setup || Application || Module Management. There, it is possible to install new modules by clicking on Add Modules. Search for this module, named Shipping and install it. The system must be rebuilt after the installation.
There is a Dataset to be applied in order to have the newly created Document Type. As Client Admin Role, go to the Enterprise Module Management Window and select the Shipping Dataset. Click on Ok to apply it.
In order to create a new Shipping it is necessary to create a new record in the Shipping Window.
Fields to notice in this Window:
- Organization. The Organization for which this Document is going to be created.
- Document Type. It must be a Document Type that has Shipping as the Document Type Category.
- Shipment Date. (optional) Actual date of the Shipping.
- Business Partner. (optional) If selected, when clicking on the Select Shipments and Boxes button, the pop up will be pre-filtered by the selected Business Partner.
- Warehouse. (optional) If selected, when clicking on the Select Shipments and Boxes button, the pop up will be pre-filtered by the selected Warehouse.
- Document Status. Can be Draft or Complete.
When the Shipping Header is created, it is possible to select the Goods Shipments that are going to be included in the same by clicking on the Select Goods Shipments button.
In this Pop Up it is possible to select the desired Goods Shipments to include in the Shipping. Fields to notice in this Window:
- Goods Shipment. Identifier of the Goods Shipment.
- Business Partner. If there was set a Business Partner in the Shipping Header, the records of this Pop Up will be pre-filtered by it. It is possible to remove this filter by clicking on the funnel icon.
- Warehouse. If there was set a Warehouse in the Shipping Header, the records of this Pop Up will be pre-filtered by it. It is possible to remove this filter by clicking on the funnel icon.
Once the records are selected, by clicking on the Submit button they will be included in the Tab Shipments below the Header. Also, for each Shipment, there is a Tab below to show the contents of it.
Once the Goods Shipments are included in the Shipping, there are two actions that can be performed:
- Ship the Shipping. By clicking on the Ship button it will change the status of the Shipping Document from Draft to Shipped. When a Shipping is Shipped it can also be Completed.
- Complete the Shipping. It can be done regardless of the Shipping being Shipped. It is the final Status. When completing a Shipping it is also possible to complete the Goods Shipments included inside it, just check the Complete Included Shipments checkbox. Once Completed, a Shipping can be Reactivated and it will revert to the previous status (Draft or Shipped)