Modules:Shopify Integration/User Guide
The Shopify Module connector has been devoloped by Practics Business Solutions, an Openbravo Gold Partner. It is used to connect Openbravo and Shopify, being able to sell on-line in Shopify while keeping Openbrabo as database and managing tool. This commercial module has two background processes: Order Sync process and Product Sync process.
Shopify Configuration Window (Main section)
This is the main window to configure (by store) and see all the information downloaded from the different processes of the ERP. It's composed by the header with the connection parameters and the default configuration for the different process, and the Tabs with the Registers imported from Shopify.
First, is necessary to configure the Shopify Server parameters, like the Shop Url and the API Key. The user has to be configured with Administrator role or with another Role but with all the permissions. At the Default Organisation section it can be set the default organization for the new records created on Openbravo like Products or Customers. It will allow us to set the price list to be used, taxes, warehouse, delivery conditions…etc
- Default Product Category: will be the default product category for new products '
- Default Uom: will be the default unit of measure for new products
- Default Tax Category: will be the default Tax category for new products
- Default Product Price List version: will be the default product price list for new products
- Block New Products: if enabled, will block the creation of new Products
- Block Update Products: if enabled, will block the update of new Products
- Block Update Prices: if enabled, will block the update of new Prices
- Sequence: Sequential number document for new customers
- Business Partner Category: Category for new customers
- Business Parter document identification:identification document type
- Payment Method: It will use the BP Conditions if they are defined in the BP screen.
- Payment Terms: Payment Terms for new customers.
- Invoice Terms: Invoice Terms for new customers.
- Order Organization: It is the Organization that will be created when a sales order in imported to Openbravo
- Document type: It is the type of document that will be created when a sales order in imported to Openbravo
- Order Sequence: If it is set as Document Sequence it will give the document id as it is set for the document type. If it is set as Shopify Identifier, the document id will be the the same that in Shopify.
- Warehouse: It defines which warehouse will be considered for the order sales
- Invoice Terms: It is used to define the invoice terms of the orders: After Delivery, Inmediate, ..
- Price List: The Price List to be used.
- Tax Type Calculation: Taxes can be calculated depending of the Order Location or from a Fixed Location.
- Partner Address: will be the address of the specified order organization
- URL Vies: .
- Freight Product: The Product-transport service to use.
We can also see information related to synchronization.
- Last Order Sync: last successfull syncrhonization date for Orders.
- Last Product Sync: last successfull syncrhonization date for Products.
Note: all blocked records will be created on the corresponding auxiliar tabs, without create the record of Openbravo.
Once all the configurations are done, we will test if the connection works. To do so, there is the button Test Connection that will return a message of Success or Error. In case of Error, the response will show the error code and his message.
- Test Connection: button that test the connection and returns the success or error message of it.
Shopify Configuration Window (Tabs)
Several tabs are used to keep track of the correlation of the information between Shopify and Openbravo.
The alerts and errors will be sent to the mails in this tab. It is useful if it is important to know on time if there are errors or malfunctions.
The product tab will have all the products imported from Shopify with his basic information and the mapped Openbravo product. The Openbravo product will be created on the import process if the “Block new Products” check of the header is not enabled. If an Openbravo product exist with the same value on the Search Key field as the one from Shopify, this will be mapped and updated.
It shows the relation between the Business Partners in Shopify and those in Openbravo.
It shows the errors when importing orders form Shopify. Once they are fixed, they will disappear when refreshing the page.
Payment Methods Tab
It shows the relation between the payment methods in Shopify and those in Openbravo.
It shows the relation between the freights in Shopify and those in Openbravo.
At the Process Request Screen there are two processes that can be scheduled to sync information from Shopify.
- Shopify Order Sync Process: It synchronizes the orders from Shopify to Openbrabo.
- Shopify Product Sync Process: It synchronizes the products from Shopify to Openbrabo.