Modules:Stock Search Criteria/User Guide
In WebPOS in order to work offline all products that are included in the pricelist and are also included in the assortment are retrieved from the backend when login. These products are kept in the client side so every query related to products are always done against the info stored in the client side. Therefore to select products with stock available can only work being online and doing a query to the backend. So the flow when having in place the stock search criteria will be:
- The system does a query in the client side based on the filters defined by the user and gets some products
- With these products does a query in the backend against the table m_storage_detail with the corresponding whereclause:
- warehouses of the store
- list of products coming from the webpos
- >0; >x <y
- Get the new list of products and show them in the webpos
This new module will add a new filter in the SEARCH panel area
After installing the module a new button will appear in the Search panel. This button will have the label Stock. It will be present as a filter and the difference with the characteristics is that is out of the characteristics area so cannot be done scroll down
In order to filter by Stock the user needs to click the button Stock. After clicking it a popup gets opened. By default the option is "More than zero" and it is already selected. So just pressing Done it will apply the filter
But there is more options:
Once the user selects the option, click Done Button
The result will not only retrieve the products that have stock but also shows the level of the stock. The stock is the total quantity and does not show the details by warehouse
If the user opens the filter again the option keeps selected
Combine different options
This functionality also allows the user to filter by more than one just option. It is possible to combine them
Define preference to show always product's stock
The preference defined to always show product’s stock is a new functionality added to the module “Filter by stock in product search”, in order to allow the user to manage the visualization of the product’s stock, when searching products in Web POS. Here is explained how to configure the system in order to perform this functionality.
The new preference ‘Allow Always Show Stock’ must be activated to work with the new functionality.
Scope Web POS
Having the preference activated, when searching for products in the search tab the stock is shown as if was filtering by stock:
Getting off line
There’s the possibility to have connection problems while searching for stock. In this case, when an user tries to search products there will be two different cases:
- The user tries to get products not filtering by stock and the preference ‘Allow Always Show Stock’ is activated: In this case, the user is not trying specifically to get the stock, although having the preference activated the Web POS will try to get that information. In this case, when the Web POS knows that the connection is lost will search locally for products and won’t show the stock. A message appears telling that the connections is lost and the stock information is not shown.
- The user tries to get products filtering by stock: In this case, the stock information is absolutely important, because is a request done by the user. In this case, when the Web POS knows that the connection is lost won’t show any result and will show a message telling that is necessary to be online to filter by stock.
Reservations are taken into account while looking for the stock.