Openbravo POS Customers Management
This guide refers to the Openbravo POS 2.10 version and next versions. In this version Openbravo POS has included functionality to manage customer's debts, assign customers to receipts to create invoices, print loyalty cards, etc.
To edit customers go to the page Administration / Customers / Customers. In this page you can browse customer's data, create new customers, remove customers and edit customer's fields.
The fields of a customer record are:
- Tax ID. The legal ID of the customer for invoices.
- Name. The name of the customer or his denomination.
- Card. The number of the customer's loyalty card. It is a generated number created when pressing the edit button. It is printed in the loyalty card as a barcode and is used to quickly assign this customer to a receipt in the sales panel reading loyalty card with the barcode scanner.
- Address. The address of the customer. This field is also editable in the Search customers panel.
- Notes. Text field where the user can write notes related to this customer. This field is also editable in the Search customers panel.
- Max debt. This field is the maximum debts allowed for this customer.
- Debt current. This field is not editable. It shows the current debts of this customer.
- Debt date. This field is not editable. It shows the start date of the customer debts.
- Visible. It marks if the customer is active or not.
Edit receipts for a customer
In the sales page you can assign a customer pressing the customer button on the top of the screen that shows a dialog to search customers. You can search customers typing part of the name in the search text field and you can use the on screen keyboard that appears on the right of the dialog. This on screen keyboard works as a mobile phone and is the same in other areas of Openbravo POS.
Or you can read the customer's loyalty card with the barcode. Using the customer's credit card allows you to perform sales faster and will allow to use the customer information in your customer's loyalty programs. Cards can be printed using the customers report or using your preferred printing service.
If a customer is assigned, when the sale is closed you can sell on credit to this customer if you want. In this case the credit will be registered and you will be able to track all the customer debts and also the customer can cancel the debts as explained in the next point.
Cancel customer debts
To cancel customer debts go to Main / Customers. Find the customer using the dialog to search customers or reading the customer's loyalty card using the barcode scanner. It is the same method to assign a customer to a receipt in the sales panel.
Once a customer is selected the customer's data is displayed in the page. Here you can see the customer debts and the debt date. In this page you can also edit the address of the customer and notes.
To cancel the customer debts press the button Pay account. A payment dialog is displayed and you can select the payment methods like in the sales panel. Once the payment is accepted, a receipt with the payment is printed.
Customer properties in receipts
The customer fields available when printing receipts and reports based on receipts are available using the ticket.getCustomer() object of CustomerInfoExt class. This is a list of the properties that access these fields:
Location / Address information
Printing a report
Printing reports is supported using the new events capabilities that allow to execute script functions in several moments of the edition of receipts, for example when closing a sale, and in the ability to print reports designed using JasperReports from script code. There is the Openbravo POS Scripting Tutorial that explains in detail how to use scripts.
To print reports is done using the sentence sales.printReport(resourcename). This instruction loads the jasper reports definition file passed as a parameter and prints it to the reports printer defined in configuration panel.
The following fields are passed to this printer:
- TAXESLOGIC. This object contains all the logic needed to calculate the tax lines of receipts. It's a TaxesLogic instance.
- TICKET. This object contains all the details of a receipt. It's a TicketInfo instance.
- PLACE. In restaurant mode it contains the name of the table. It's a String instance.