This section explains how to customize the look and feel of Openbravo ERP to suit your personal requirements.
Installing a module from the Central Repository
The Openbravo ERP Central Repository is the official online source of commercial and community modules that can be installed from the browser, directly into your Openbravo ERP instance.
To install a new module, use the Module Management feature:
- Log into your Openbravo ERP system using the System Administrator role
- Access the General Setup -> Application -> Module Management option
- Click the Add Modules tab
- Find the desired module within the list of all modules available in the central repository
- Click the Install Now button
- Review any module dependencies that may be present
- Click the Continue button
- Click the I accept all license agreements radio button
- Click the Continue button
- Verify successful completion of the installation process. You will see the message Process completed successfully.
- Click the Ok button. You will be taken to the Installed Modules tab
- Click the rebuild now link (it appears in yellow). Be aware that this step will end existing user sessions!
- Click the Yes button
- Click the Continue button
- You will be returned to the Logon screen when the system has been successfully restarted. Your new module may now be configured and used, per the instructions in its Openbravo Forge project.
Note: some modules hosted in the Central Repository are commercial, which means your Openbravo Professional Edition or Basic Edition subscription must be activated before the module can be installed. Many Openbravo-authored commercial modules are free to customers who have activated their Professional Edition subscription. Some commercial modules require pre-payment prior to installation. In this case, after payment confirmation but before installing the module, you will need to do an instance refresh.
Note: active Openbravo Business Partners are issued a partner-specific, limited-used license (aka "golden key") entitling installation of all commercial modules for evaluation, testing, and demonstration purposes. As a partner, you must activate your test instance with the "golden key" that has been emailed to you, and then you will be able to install any module as documented below. Every 30 days you will need to perform an instance refresh to keep using your golden key. Additionally, you will need to do an instance refresh to install a new commercial module that has been added to the central repository since your last instance refresh.
More detailed information about how to intall modules may be found in the Modules Management document. For a business-oriented look at many modules, have a look at Openbravo Exchange. For full details, explore Openbravo Forge--each Forge project hosts one module, so scroll down slightly and search the Project Directory on the left side of the screen.
Adding your company logo
When you install Openbravo ERP, placeholder graphics for your company logo and your company's IT support service are displayed. There are also two company logos in the main Openbravo window, after you login. There is finally one logo that can be used in reports. These five logos can be customized directly through the application.
The first two modules are defined at System level only. The next two, are defined both at System level and at Client level. If the client in which the user logged in has logos defined for these two, they will be shown, and if not, the System ones will be shown. The last one is defined at System, Client and Organization level (and the same criteria is used: if there is a logo for Organization, it is used, if there is not, then the Client one is used, and if there is no Client logo, then the System one is used).
Creating your company logo
Using the graphics package of your choice, create your company logos. You will need to create up to five logos (depending on which ones you want to change in the application). Their corresponding sizes are:
- Your Company login image -> 197x55
- Your IT service login image -> 197x55
- Your Company menu image -> 122x34
- Your Company big image -> 608x217
- Your Company document image -> 197x55
You can use any image format that would work on a web browser (.jpg, .png, .gif, ...).
Uploading your company logo
Starting 2.50 MP6, you can upload your company logo directly through the application. The first window you should check is the System Info window, in the General Setup/Application folder.
If you are using a fresh installation of Openbravo 2.50 MP6 or later, you should see the five standard logos in this window. The first two (Default Your Company Login Image and Default Your It Service Login Image) correspond to the ones that are shown in the login window. The next two (Default Your Company Menu Image and Default Your Company Big Image) correspond to the ones that are shown when you login into the application, in the main window, if the client in which you logged in doesn't have logos defined. The last one corresponds to the one that can be shown in reports, if there is no logo defined neither in the organization nor the client.
Additionally, the Support Contact field is used to be displayed in the login window next to the Default Your It Service Login Image.
To change any of them, clic on the image, and an Image Selector will open. You can use it to upload a new image, to remove the existing image, or if there is no image, to add a new one
When Openbravo is built, the placeholder graphics for the Company and IT service logos are automatically inserted in the AD_System_Info table, and can be looked at and modified through the System Info window.
Every time an Initial Client Setup is performed, the three client level images are copied from that table to the AD_ClientInfo table. From then onwards, the images for the client can be edited in the "Information" tab of the Client window.
The same thing applies for the Initial Organization Setup. When it is done, the Company logo that can be used at organization level is also copied, and can be modified from then on through the "Information" tab of the Organization window.
Session timeout is used to determine when a session is expired in case there is not user activity. So for example a 60 minutes timeout means that in case the user stops doing actions he will be automatically logged out the application after this time. It is also used in case the user closes the browser without clicking before in the Close Session button, in this case the session will expire after the timeout time has been completed.
By default session timeout is set to 60 minutes, but it can be customized. To change this value it is necessary to have an active template (note that this is a core value), then as System Administrator go to Application Dictionary || AD Implementation Mapping tab and look for Timeout object. Then go to Parameters tab and edit the Search key value of the timeout parameter. This value expresses in minutes the time before expiring the session.
After this modification it is necessary to regenerate web.xml file and restart tomcat. This is done by executing the following command in command line:
ant smartbuild -Drestart=yes
Note that this modification can be exported in the template which is in development executing:
Changing Decimal Separator
By default Openbravo ERP uses '.' (dot) as a decimal separator.
To change decimal separator to a different symbol, for example ',' (comma), please follow the steps below
- Edit Format.xml file ($openbravo_folder/config/Format.xml).
- Change all decimal attributes in it to the required symbol (for example, decimal="." to decimal=",").
- Save the changes.
- After this modification it is necessary to move the changes to the tomcat context and to restart it. This is done by executing the following command in the command line:
ant smartbuild -Drestart=yes
Customizing Document Printable Templates
Some printable documents can be cusomized to fit the needs of each company depending on the print paper the company uses. Some companies use some print paper with their logo or their data or both printed and thy do not want to print them again. This can be done in some documents following the next steps. The documents that allow this feature are sales order, purchase order, goods shipment, goods receipt, sales invoice and purchase invoice. To customize these documents:
- Go to Financial Management || Accounting || Setup || Document Type || Document Definition.
- In the grid view it is easy to choose the document type to cusomize. Select it and go to Report Templates tab.
- In the form view there can be seen three fields at the end. Show Logo, Show Company Data and Header Margin. Show Logo and Show Company Data fields allow to choose wether the logo or the company data wants to be printed or not. Header Margin field allows to choose what size of margin has to be left on top of the document. The options are none, large, medium and small, depending on the size of the logo.
- Once this is done the last step is to save.
Now all the documents of this type will be printed with this customization.
The logo is taken first from the legal entity, if there is not any image defined there, from the client and as a last option from the system. For this go to the following places:
- General Setup > Enterprise > Organization > Organization > Information Your Company Document Image field. Please take into account that the organization needs to be the legal entity of the organization the document belongs to.
- General Setup > Enterprise > Client > Client > Information Your Company Document Image field.
- General Setup > Application > System Info > System Info Your Company Document Image field. For this you must be logged as System Administrator.