Process monitor feature allows to review the status of processes executed by a user as well as the ones scheduled in the process request window.
In other words, there are two types of processes which can be monitored in this window:
- transactional processes such as Generate Average Cost or Generate Invoices
- and background processes scheduled in the process request
In any case, only the users having a role which have access to a given process/processes will be able to monitor it/them in this window.
Besides and as already explained, "Security based on role" definition at process request level will allows to define the users which will be able to monitor a given background process in this window.
Process Monitor window shows read-only information about individual process execution.
As shown in the image above, process monitor window provides below information per each process executed:
- the Name
- the User who run the process
- the Start and End time
- the Duration
- the Status
- and the Chanel. The options available are:
- Direct for transactional process executed manually by the user
- Process Scheduler for background processed scheduled in the Process Request window.
Processes in Group
In case that the process executed is a process group you will find here the information about the executions of the processes in the group. More information in Process Group
Full list of Process Monitor window fields and their descriptions is available in the Process Monitor Screen Reference.