Projects/Business Partner Set/Technical Documentation
- This project has three main distinct parts:
- ERP-Core: business partner set definition and link to discounts
- Import BP Set: the import functionality will be implemented in a separate module which will make use of the connector and EDL functionality.
- Retail: use the business partner set information to determine if a discount applies to a selected business partner.
Project Plan: main development steps
ERP-Core: A window to administer the business partner set
The development work consist of:
- Two new tables:
- Business Partner Set with two main columns: name and description
- Business Partners by Business Partner Set: linking a business partner to a business partner set
- A new window with one main tab (Business Partner Set) and one child tab (Business Partners by Business Partner Set)
Business partner sets must be assignable to discounts.
The development work consist of:
- A new table: Business Partner Sets by Discount with two main fields: discounts and business partner set
- A new child tab to maintain this information.
Module: a new module to imports business partners into a business partner set
The new module will deliver the following components/logic:
- a toolbar button in the business partner set window/tab
- a popup (shown when the toolbar button is clicked) allowing the user to select a file, and set two import parameters:
- import mode (enum): import with replace (clear the business partner set), import with add (add the business partners to the current set)
- error handling (enum): stop on error, continue on error. In both cases still the complete list should be checked but in the first case (stop) the transaction is rolled back
All the fields are mandatory.
- when the user clicks the ok button the data is imported. The system returns with two types of information: a popup with overview information (XXX records processed, YYY records imported, ZZZ records have errors) and a text file is returned with all the error values
- The main/only error which can occur is that the business partner can not be found.
- When the business partner already is in the set then it is ignored, so no duplicates allowed in the list, but at import the duplicates are ignored.
- The import logic needs to make use of the EDL infrastructure.
Retail: use the business partner set in WebPOS
The business partner set concept should be used in WebPOS to determine if the business partner is eligible for a discount.
- the business partner set is controlled by 'Included Business Partner' field in the discount. So it can also be used to exclude business partners.
- the idea is to make business partner set information available offline. This means that in WebPOS new tables need to be created:
- business partner by business partner set table
- business partner set by discount table
- these tables need to loaded in the standard modes: incremental and full just as other master data loaded in WebPOS.
Open Discussion Items
- Does EDL add value in this case? The EDL infrastructure seems to be mainly for backend webservices, but for manual imports by sales admins it makes less sense to view the EDL request error window, which has a very technical feel. Also the flow of EDL seems less fitting for importing a file with 100000 of records.