This functionality allows to create payments for orders created with Web POS in a different currency is defined in the POS terminal and by extension defined in the order generates. As Web POS allows to create different payments for a single order, this functionality will allow to mix payments in different currencies.
In any case the currency of the terminal, order, prices etc... will not change and will be the defined in the Store configuration.
This flow starts when adding payments to an order created in Web POS. When selecting a payment that is defined in a different currency as the order currency it will change the payment currency into the order currency to know how much is left to pay or if the order has been completely paid. The changed amount and the original amount will appear in the payment details. The change from one currency to another will be done according the current change types configured in Openbravo.
In cash management, if there exist a deposit or withdrawal related with a payment type that is in a different currency that the store currency. The amount will be entered in the original payment currency and the report will show the original currency amount and changed currency amount. Sums in the report will be done always in the store currency, i.e. the changed amount for payments in a different currency
In cash up, the behaviour will be similar to the behaviour in cash management. In the count cash amounts will be entered always in the original currency, and payments will show the original amount and changed amount. Sums will be always in the store currency. In the Post, print and close step, the same behaviour, payments will appear with the original amount and changed amount, and sums will be always in the store currency.
- Web POS window
- The order will be and will show all amounts, taxes, totals, ... in only one currency, the store currency.
- Prices will be shown also in the store currency. There will not be different prices in different currencies for each product.
- When adding payment it will be possible to add a payment type in a currency that is different than the store currency. This payment type will have associated a financial account in this currency.
- Each payment created in a different currency than the store currency will have a changed amount in the store currency. This changed amount will be calculated based on the currency configuration in Openbravo, will be used to calculate when the payment is done and will be displayed in the payment details and in the printed receipt.
- Cash management window
- Cash movements can be executed in different financial accounts, each financial account with its associated currency. If the associated currency is different than the store currency it will appear in the movements detail and printed receipt the original amount of the movement and the changed amount in the store currency.
- Sums in the report displayed and printed will be done only in the store currency using the changed amount.
- Cash up window
- In the count cash step, amounts will be entered in the associated financial account currency of the payment and will be displayed in the financial account currency and store currency.
- In the Post, print and close step, amounts will be displayed in the financial account currency and store currency.
- Sums in the report displayed and printed will be done only in the Store currency using always the changed amount.