Projects/Multiple UOM Management/Functional Document
Multiple UOM Management - Functional Description
The goal of this project is to allow Openbravo to work with Multiple Units of Measure. The system will store the Inventory of the Products in a Base Unit of Measure (defined for each Product) while being able to operate in different Units of Measure.
- Allow to user to define a Base Unit of Measure (BUM) for each Product
- Allow the user to define several Alternative Units of Measure (AUM) for each Product
- Adapt existing Windows and functionality to support this new feature
- The previous functionality must work for users that do not want to use the new one
Functional Solution - Phase 0 - Sales and Purchase Flows
1. In Product Window, create a new Tab below to allow to define several AUM's
- Allow to define the conversion rate between the Alternate Unit of Measure and the Base Unit of Measure
- Allow to define for which flows is going to be used and the default one for a particular flow
2. Adapt Sales and Purchase flows to support this functionality
- Create two new fields in the Windows to work with AUM
- While creating a Document Line, the user should see 4 fields: Operative quantity, Operative Unit of Measure (the AUM), Base quantity and Base Unit of Measure (the BUM)
- The user will work with the Operative Unit of Measure, while the Base Unit of Measure will be automatically updated and it will be not editable.
- Adapt the processes related to this Windows to show this new fields and to allow the user to work with them
3. Adapt the related Reports to show information related to this new functionality
All the previous considerations should work based on a preference. If the preference is enabled, the user will work with the new functionality, if not, the user will work as if nothing has changed.