Projects/Multiple UOM Management/Technical Document
Multiple UOM Management - Technical Specification
The goal of this project is to allow Openbravo to work with Multiple Units of Measure. The system will store the Inventory of the Products in a Base Unit of Measure (defined for each Product) while being able to operate in different Units of Measure.
To achieve this it is necessary to:
- Define the Base Unit of Measure (BUM) for each Product.
- Define the AUM (Alternate Units of Measure) that each Product can operate with
- Define the conversion Rate between the AUM and the BUM for this Product
- Define in which functional flows this AUM can be used.
- Define if this AUM is the default AUM for a flow, if it can be used or if is not allowed
- Modify existing documents/processes to allow them to use this new configuration
- While creating a Document Line, the user should see 4 fields: Operative quantity, Operative Unit of Measure (the AUM), Base quantity and Base Unit of Measure (the BUM)
- The user will work with the Operative Unit of Measure, while the Base Unit of Measure will be automatically updated and it will be not editable.
- Operative Unit of Measure will be defaulted based on the configuration of the AUM of the Product
- Processes must be modified to take into account this change.
- Modify existing Reports to use this new configuration
- The previous functionality must work for the users that do not want to use the new one
Phase 0 - Adapt Sales and Purchase Flows
First, it is necessary to create a new Tab below Product Window to allow to define AUM's.
Then, adapt the following Windows and processes associated to them to use this new functionality:
- Requisition Management
- Purchase Order
- Goods Receipt
- Purchase Invoice
- Sales Quotation
- Sales Order
- Goods Shipment
- Sales Invoice
For each one of them it is necessary to:
- Create two new columns/fields: Quantity in Alternative UOM and Alternative UOM
- Adapt the window to show/hide this fields based on a preference
- Adapt the underlying processes to use this new fields.
List of reports adapted to use this new functionality:
- Discount Invoice Report
- Sales Order Report
- Invoiced Sales Order Report
- Delivered Sales Order Report
- Shipment Report
- Invoice Detail
- Customer Invoice Report
- Purchase Order Report