Projects/Multiple UOM Management/User Document
Alternative Unit of Measure Management
The purpose of this project is to enable the ability to manage transactions in an unlimited number of alternative unit of measures defined by products.
The Alternative Unit of Measure is present into the following flows:
- Return Material
To enable Alternative Unit of Measure (AUM) project in an Openbravo instance is necessary define a preference with Property field equal "Enable UOM Management" and Value field equal "Y".
This preference has to be defined at system level. The fields Module, Visible at Client, Visible at Organization, Visible at User, Visible at Role and Window should be empty, as shown in the following image.
Full descriptions of how add a new preference is available in the Preference.
Adding AUM to a product
After the "Enable UOM Management" preference have been added, it is necessary to configure the Product.
In order to do so, go to Product Window and select the Product for which the AUM (Alternate Unit of Measure) will be added. Check that "Alternative UOM" Tab appears.
Alternative UOM tab
Add or see the AUMs which are defined to the selected product. Each AUM is shown on its own line.
Fields to note:
- UOM: Unit of Measure that will be added to the selected product as AUM. The UOM's are defined in Unit of Measure Window
- Conversion Rate: Conversion between AUM and BUM
- Gtin: Global Trade Item Number
- Sales: Define the priority of this AUM into the Sales flow. The allowed values are Primary, Secondary and Not Applicable.
- Purchase: Define the priority of this AUM into the Purchase flow The allowed values are Primary, Secondary and Not Applicable.
- Logistics: Define the priority of this AUM into the Logistics flow The allowed values are Primary, Secondary and Not Applicable.
- Primary. The AUM used by default in the selected flow when creating a Document. Only one Primary AUM can be defined per Product per flow.
- Secondary. The available AUM’s that can be selected for this flow when creating a Document.
- Not Applicable. This AUM won’t be available for selection when creating Documents for this flow.
Working with the AUM into the implicated flows
Several Windows and processes have been modified in order to support this new functionality. In general, in all of them there were two fields to work with the quantities of the selected Product, Quantity and UOM.
With this new functionality, two new fields are introduced, Quantity in Alternative UOM and Alternative UOM.
If the functionality is enabled, the old fields are visible, but not editable, and the user must work with the new ones. If the functionality is disabled, the new fields are not visible and the user works with the old ones.
- Operative Quantity: Quantity of product in the selected AUM.
- Alternative UOM: List of AUMs defined for the selected product and the BUM of the product.
When one product is selected the Alternative UOM field is filled with the value of the AUM defined as primary for the functional flow if exits or with the BUM (Base Unit of Measure) of the product in other case.
The value introduced in the Quantity in Alternative UOM field is converted, based in the corresponding conversion rate between the AUM and BUM, and the result is the value of the old Quantity field.
The UOM field is filled with the Base Unit of Measure of the Product always.
The Windows modified in the Sales flow to support this functionality are:
- Sales Quotation
- Sales Order
- Goods Receipt
- Sales Invoice
Also, all the processes that are involved in this Windows have been modified, like the Create From another Document functionality.
The Windows modified in the Purchase flow to support this functionality are:
- Manage Requisition
- Purchase Order
- Goods Shipment
- Purchase Invoice
Also, all the processes that are involved in this Windows have been modified, like the Create From another Document functionality
Return Material flow
The Windows modified in the Return Material flow to support this functionality are:
- Return From Customer
- Return Material Receipt
- Return to Vendor
- Return to Vendor Shipment
Also, all the processes that are involved in this Windows have been modified, like the Pick and Edit in the Documents
The following Reports have been modified to support this new functionality
- Discount Invoice Report
- Sales Order Report
- Invoiced Sales Order Report
- Delivered Sales Order Report
- Shipment Report
- Invoice Detail
- Customer Invoice Report
- Purchase Order Report