Projects:UOM Management Extension/Functional Specification
UOM Management Extension - Functional Specifications
The purpose of this project is to extend the UOM management as in OB v.1.
The scope is all the application's functionality.
- UOM: unit of measure.
User roles & profiles
The attributes are used by any user that is involved with the products, that makes almost all the users of the application.
- Warehouse workers
- Typically these users do not have a high level of professional education and might not be computer literate. They tend however to spend a number of years with the same employer and after hiring they go through a few days of training to learn the processes within the warehouse. These users, therefore, need to be able to learn how to use the product in a few hours. These users need to be able to select easily the correspondent attributes.
- Generic employee
- These are users that work for the organization implementing Openbravo ERP in a variety of roles and that are involved in a given business process on an occasional basis. Because of the infrequent nature of their involvement in the process, their primary concern is ease of use, defined as the ability to perform a new task without having to read any documentation.
- Purchase managers
- Typically these users have a high level of professional education, are computer literate and receive training in the product and business process. These users perform purchase orders from the requisitions, they have to select the correspondent vendor taking into account the different variables that can take part in the decision: price, discounts, availability,...
- Sale managers
- Typically these users have a high level of professional education, are computer literate and receive training in the product and business process. These users perform sale orders, they have to create the correspondent orders taking into account the different variables that can take part in the decision: price, discounts, availability,...
Business process definition
- Each product has a UOM that it's used for accounting.
- Each product have different UOM for sales, purchase, manufacturing and stock.
- These UOM have a conversion rate defined for each product.
- The primary UOM can be checked as variable conversion rates.
- If it's not checked in the transactions the quantity on the primary UOM is read only.
- If it's checked both quantities in the primary UOM and the corresponding sales, purchase or manufacturing UOM are editable.
- For each product it is possible to set a default sales, purchase and manufacturing UOM.
- Phoebe wants to purchase cookies. Cookies are stored in units, but are purchased in boxes that have 10 packages of 50 cookies each one.
- She goes to the purchase order window and in the purchase order line selects the cookies product.
- The primary unit is set to units and the primary quantity is read only.
- In the secondary unit there is a combo that is set to box.
- She puts 2 boxes and automatically is calculated the main quantity of 1000 cookies.
- Ross sales 3 packages of cookies.
- He goes to the sales order window and in the line selects the cookies product.
- The primary unit is set to units and its quantity is read only.
- The secondary unit combo is set to packages.
- He puts 3 packages and automatically is calculated the main quantity of 150 cookies.
Functional requirements based on business processes
In order to achieve the desired functionality several elements of Openbravo ERP needs to be modified:
- Product window.
- Any window with product and UOM.
- Product selector.
- Any report with products and UOM.
- Any process that handles with products and UOM.
|1.1||Ability to set in the main unit that it is of variable conversion rate||Nice to have||Not Started|
|1.2||Ability to set different UOMs for sales, purchase and manufacturing operations||Must have||Not Started|
|1.3||Ability to set a default UOM for sales, purchase and manufacturing operations||Should have||Not Started|
|1.4||Ability to set a conversion rate from secondary UOMs to main one||Must have||Not Started|
|1.5||Ability to leave blank the conversion rate||Nice to have||Not Started|
Window with Product and UOM
|2.1||Ability, when it is necessary, to set the type of secundary unit (sales, purchase or manufacturing)||Must to have||Not Started|
|2.2||Secondary unit and quantity mandatories||Must have||Not Started|
|2.3||Primary unit and quantity read only when there is secondary unit||Must have||Not Started|
|2.4||Primary quantity automatically calculated when secondary quantity and unit are set||Must have||Not Started|
Product Complete selector
|3.1||Ability to select the secondary unit to be shown in the list of found products||Must to have||Not Started|
|3.2||Ability to filter the available secondary units by type depending on the window that opens the selector||Nice to have||Not Started|
Reports with products and units
|4.1||The reports have to list the product stock quantities with its main unit and default secondary unit if needed||Must have||Not Started|
|4.2||Ability to select the secondary unit to be shown in the report||Nice to have||Not Started|
|4.3||Ability to select more than one secondary unit to be shown in the report||Nice to have||Not Started|
Processes that handle product quantities and units
|5.1||All the product transactions have to be stored only in the main unit, quantities on secondary units can be calculated at any time with the conversion rate||Must have||Not Started|
User Interface Mockups
Open Discussion Items
We should also take into account in this project Catch Weight Processing scenario.