Release Notes 1.0.2
Advanced Payables and Receivables Management (Controlled Release) Available
Advanced Payables and Receivables Management offers a completely new user experience that simplifies and automates the business processes around receiving and making payment, including the reconciliation of those events with bank statements.
This module is currently in Controlled Release status. This means that Openbravo considers it functionally complete but does not yet recommend its use in production systems. The main goal of this release is to educate partners about this module and to receive as much feedback as possible from evaluators. All partners are encouraged to download and evaluate this module. Partners interested in deploying this module for new customers are recommended to thoroughly test their customer's business processes before deploying it into into a production environment. Finally, Openbravo currently recommends not to deploy this module for existing production customers and the module does not include an upgrade path to preserve transaction history. If you would like to help shape this module you are welcome to take part in the forum discussions or register feature requests or issues in the corresponding (Forum and Bug Tracking) sections in the Advanced Payables and Receivable project in the OB Forge.
The latest version of the module has become available on. Please see below for more details on what is new and what has been fixed.
Some of the key features of this module include:
- Easy financial account management: you can now define and administer all of your financial accounts - such as bank and cash accounts - in a single window and use that window to view and manage all of the transactions that affect the balance of those accounts.
- Automatic bank reconciliation: having an automated bank reconciliation process can save a business man-days of effort, particularly in businesses that have high transactional volumes.
- Make and receive payments against order or invoice: the ability to make or receive payments against order increases the flexibility of businesses to agree credit terms that appropriate for their customers, particularly in industries where cash flow is critical.
- Flexible process configuration: the accounting flows associated with the process of making or receiving payment are fully configurable to match your own business needs and preferences.
- Extensible payment methods: the list of payment methods in Openbravo can be extended to support a customers business needs.
- Automatic Payment Proposal: supports the creation of payment proposals based on a number of flexible criteria, review and adjust, and then have those payments automatically created in the configurable format associated with that payment method.
- Payments Execution: possibility to execute payments manually or define an automatic execution process which can prompt a window asking for configurable parameters.
- Fees and charges management: as part of the bank reconciliation process it is often necessary to add transactions, such as bank fees and interest charges, that appear on the bank statement that are not yet reflected in the Openbravo financial account being reconciled.
- Reconciliation Statements: it includes both detailed and summary reconciliation statements for review and approval.
Check the following list of Known issues
This release of Advanced Payables and Receivables Management is compatible with:
- 2.50MP19 and later
- User Interface Selector 1.0.9